Saturday, July 06, 2019

The Wisdom Of Draymond Green (Dave Hawley)



Good evening! For the next thirty one days, I will be on a mission trip to Vietnam. During that time, I will have new blogs each night from guest authors! (Also, on many nights, I will post pictures from my trip here!) For the next three evenings, my spot will be filled by my brother, Dave, who incidentally is the nation's winningest high school tennis coach and in the past year was inducted into four Hall of Fames! Please keep me in your prayers!

I’m perfectly willing to admit that I have often been drawn to players whom others don’t like for a variety of reasons, and probably I’m on a thin list of those who like Draymond Green a lot.... loved when he was at Michigan State, love him now as a Warrior. Does NOT mean I agree with all of his actions and words, but the heart and spirit of the man as an athlete is so given to being his very best.... I’ve never seen him take a minute off.
He gave a press conference ‘speech’ a couple months back about pushing/ willing yourself to be the best, and toward the end of it, he offered a nugget that I’m making into a poster for my players.....
YOU DON’T MISTAKENLY BECOME GREAT.

Wow... I’ve heard some variations of that before but THAT struck me. Too often I know I haphazard through life HOPING that some good result will happen. It’s on me to use what God has given me to my best... to others, to my job, to my wife, to God. The best I can give does not come by accident.

Thanks, Draymond!

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
E-mail me at steve@westburychristian.org

No comments: