Friday, July 05, 2019

The Power Of Spotify! (Dave Hawley)


Good evening! For the next thirty two days, I will be on a mission trip to Vietnam. During that time, I will have new blogs each night from guest authors! (Also, on many nights, I will post pictures from my trip here!) For the next three evenings, my spot will be filled by my brother, Dave, who incidentally is the nation's winningest high school tennis coach and in the past year was inducted into four Hall of Fames! Please keep me in your prayers!

 I don’t know why but for someone who has lived their life in athletics, I’ve never really enjoyed running.... especially don’t enjoy it now as these older bones creak more every day... but I NEED exercise or I get too big, and my health is not as good as it should be... so I settle for walking.

I should tell you I’m not a big fan of walking either, but a year ago, my kids got me Spotify as part of my birthday present... imagine!!! Any song I want on my phone! Suddenly walking didn’t seem so bad... in fact, I often go longer than I used to, fueled by both songs of yesteryear and new ones that I’ve grown to love.

Not really sure my message is here, EXCEPT that our perspective can change when we get the right motivation....the walking I hated...well, I still don’t love it, but I’ve found my WHY with it. That can be very true of our spiritual efforts as well!

Blessings... happy trails!


God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

E-mail me at shawley@westburychristian.org

No comments: