Sunday, November 05, 2017

I AM Student Statements 2017


My classes recently finished studying the seven I AM statements Jesus made in the Gospel of John. If you aren't familiar with them, here they are!
I am the bread of life.
I am the true vine.
I am the good shepherd.
I am the gate for the sheep.
I am the light of the world.
I am the resurrection and the life.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.

I gave my students the assignment of coming up with their own I AM statements which would define them. Tonight, I am posting some of them. They are brutally honest and all are used with permission, boys in blue and girls in pink!

I am the boy who will achieve more than anyone in his family has.

I am the boy who wants a special girl.
I am the girl who want to find her soulmate.
I am the boy who doesn't like hearing his flaws.
I am the girl who has a lot to say but who keeps quiet.
I am the boy who has been given so much in his life.
I am the girl who knows where she wants to go but doesn't know how to get there.
I am the girl who lives with overprotective parents.

I am the guy who wants to get closer to God but doesn't put the effort into it.

I am the boy who dislikes his family but loves his family.
I am the boy who can never sleep.
I am the girl who wants better for her mom.
I am the girl who wishes her family would accept one another.

I am the girl who fears being heartbroken.
I am the boy who comes from struggles deeper than money.

I am the girl who falls in love with food.
I am the boy who doesn't know what he really loves.
I am the guy on a raft in the whirlpool of life.

I am the girl who struggles to not be my past.

I am the girl who promises to pray for people at church but never does.
I am the girl who hopes the one she loves will love her.

I am the girl with many talents but who is afraid to show them.
I am the girl with the broader perspective.
I am the boy who wishes his older cousins had time for him.
I am the boy who struggles in English class but who passes Spanish.
I am the boy who would rather not compete.
I am the boy who care more about grades than sleep.
I am the boy who couldn't hurt anyone even if he wanted to.
I am the boy who will give you a shoulder to lean on.

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com


No comments: