Saturday, November 04, 2017

Bedtime Blessings, 2017


We worked on one of my favorite memory verses in all five classes last week. All of my ninety students wrote The Blessing Of Aaron for a grade as a memory verse and repeated it on their test. Found in Numbers 6:24-26, God commanded the first high priest of Israel to use these words to bless his chosen people:
"The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."

We spoke of the human need for approval and how parents can have such an effect on the self-worth of their children. We talked of bedtime rituals and how moms and dads can make their kids feel important and ease their fears. I told them about how our folks tucked us in when we were small, prayed with us, and kissed us good-night. With that discussion as background, I gave each student a sheet of paper and had them pen a bedtime blessing to the child they will bring into the world in future years. I'll let some of them speak for me. Tonight's entries are all from 11th graders and all are used with permission! Boys are in blue and girls in pink!


My beloved child, I want you to know that your mommy loves you unconditionally. I know we will disagree but it is only because I want the absolute best for you. Never let anyone or anything in this polluted world stop you from being great and achieving any goal of yours. Don’t forget that God will always be right by your side through your brightest and even darkest days. Never stray from His love because He will never stop even when you make mistakes. You will never understand now. Grateful I am to have you as my child and I am so excited to see what God has in store for you. I will always be here for you whether it’s good or bad. Your father and I love you so much and I hope you never stop believing that. When the evil of this world knocks you down, I will be right there to pick you up. Mommy loves you.
Sydney


Dear child,
From the day that you are born, I will always love you no matter how bad things may get. You were made in God’s image which is a special image. You are created to do good things. No matter what the circumstances are, I will always love you. As a father, I will make sure to protect you and I will be there whenever you need me. When you need a shoulder to lean on or someone to talk to about anything, I will always be willing to listen. As I end this my child, I want you to remember that God will always be with you. No matter what happens, He will always be looking at you. Love God and pray ever time that you get the chance. I LOVE YOU MY CHILD.
Brian


My dear love, my one and only. Let the Lord bless you with all his blessings he has to give. Let the Lord steer you down the right path; let Him be in all your decision making. The Lord knows I love you and never want to see you hurt or feeling alone. I want you to know that I am always here for you to help with anything. I can’t wait to see your bright smile that makes the world turn upside down. I hope and pray that you become a young, respectful, talented young lady. I pray you take the advice I give you. You will get mad at me and you will rebel. But one thing I hope you will do is respect your Lord and keep a growing faith. Know when you pray that there needs to be a purpose. I love you so much, baby-girl.
Love. Mom Philippians 4:13
Jaida

Dear son, I just want to start off by saying that I love you so much. You will be the most important person in my life; from the moment you are born I will do everything I can to protect you and spoil you. Always seek God and follow him. He will always be with you and there for you. I will always support you in what you do and will always have your back. I want to be your best friend as well as your role model. I want you to be successful at whatever you do and you can accomplish anything you put your mind to. You are a strong young man and I love you. Love, The best dad ever P.S. Always wear the Hampton name with pride and honor.
Casey


Dear son, I hope that you will always look to your father and I, but never forget to look towards God for the ultimate guidance. I might be strict sometimes and push you to do better, but this is only because I know what you have the potential to be. Your father and I do not wish to restrict you or hold you back from your friends; we only want to guide you in the right direction. Do not ever be afraid to tell me what is on your mind and in your heart. We love you.
Morgan

God bless, Steve (son of Roger and Nelda Hawley) Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: