Monday, November 06, 2017

I AM Student Statements 2017, Chapter II


My classes recently finished studying the seven I AM statements Jesus made in the Gospel of John. If you aren't familiar with them, here they are!
I am the bread of life.
I am the true vine.
I am the good shepherd.
I am the gate for the sheep.
I am the light of the world.
I am the resurrection and the life.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.

I gave my students the assignment of coming up with their own I AM statements which would define them. Tonight, I am posting some of them. They are brutally honest and all are used with permission, boys in blue and girls in pink!

I am the boy who seems strong but who is scared half the time.
I am the girl who cries when you talk about Jesus.
I am the boy you wouldn't think is listening.
I am the girl living in the shadow of her sister.

I am the girl who can't let go of her past.
I am the boy who wants to bring peace to this hate cycled world.
I am the girl who is different from my whole family.
I am the girl who doesn't go unnoticed.

I am a boy with an enormous aversion to hypocritical people.
I am the boy who loves Mexican food too much!
I am the girl who doesn't expect much from people.
I am the boy wth too many thoughts in my mind.
I am an ordinary boy but I want to some extraordinary things.

I am the girl who is afraid of love.I am the girl who mixes sounds and feelings with colors.I am a girl who is easily angered.
I am the girl who struggles to be fearless for God.
I am the boy who helps whenever he can so he will have no regrets.

I am the girl who pleases other people.
I am the boy who can't get his relationships right.
I am the boy whose family is willing to die for him.
I am the boy who always gets asked how tall are you?
I am the boy who doesn't set the best example for his brother.
I am the boy who loves to spread laughter.
I am the boy who wants a fresh start.

I am the girl who needs a hug.
I am a girl who is afraid to try.
I am the girl who misses home but is forced to be independent.
I am the boy fascinated by the splendor of the universe.
I am the boy who is not easily influenced.
I am the girl who was recently baptized.
I am the girl who is proud of her culture.
I am the girl who wants to take care of her parents one day.

I am the boy who is himself a contradiction.


God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com


No comments: