Tuesday, November 08, 2016

A Fourth Helping Of Bedtime Blessings, 2016

Grandpa Hawley reading to from left, Dave, Wayne, me, Dale!

We worked on one of my favorite memory verses in all five classes last week. All of my 90+ students wrote The Blessing Of Aaron for a grade as a memory verse and repeated it on their test. Found in Numbers 6:24-26, God commanded the first high priest of Israel to use these words to bless his chosen people:

"The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."

We spoke of the human need for approval and how parents can have such an effect on the self-worth of their children. We talked of bedtime rituals and how moms and dads can make their kids feel important and ease their fears. I told them about how our folks tucked us in when we were small, prayed with us, and kissed us good-night. With that discussion as background, I gave each student a sheet of paper and had them pen a bedtime blessing to the child they will bring into the world in future years. The next several nights, I'll let some of them speak for me. Boys are in blue, girls in pink, and all are used with permission!

I hope that you will always be safe. Stay strong, no matter how hard things get. When it gets too hard, go to God in prayer. I will always be there to help you, too. Smile in the face of adversity and be kind to other always. Know that mommy and I love you and support you, no matter what. Always remember to stay true to yourself and love God above all else. One day, you’ll leave for college and start your own family, but mommy and daddy will always be here to help you with the tough times as long as we’re on the earth.
Javier

Goodnight, My Young Amazing King,
You are perfect in every way because you were made by the One who loves you even more than I do. You are a star in my eyes but one million stars in our creator's eyes. I will always be your protector, your guide, and your biggest fan. Although you might get on my nerves I wouldn’t change anything about you. Goodnight for now and always know that you are loved, not just by us, but by the most powerful creator ever.
Jay

Goodnight You,
I hope you don’t worry about the monsters under your bed or the idea of darkness. Just letting you know that Dad and I will always be here to protect you. But the one who will never leave you is the man upstairs. Just know that Dad and I will love you no matter what and encourage you for all your life. Also know that we will be here when you need us most. But if for some reason we are not there, God will always be there with his arms and heart open wide. Sleep tight, little man, and don’t let the bedbugs bite.
Kalani

Goodnight My Child,
Rest well for tomorrow you will do great things. You’ll struggle, thrive, learn, and achieve, bringing light and love to all those around you. And I will be by your side, supporting you, cheering and always ready to help you. Sometimes you won’t want my help because I will fail you and hurt you, but I will always love you. So no matter my failures, live on, succeed, and do everything for the God who made you, who will never fail you. Where I stumble and fall, he will always be there. Trust him and remember nothing you can do will ever lose your Father’s love. You are the light in the dark to my eyes, but a burning beacon in the Lord’s. Rest now and continue to let your lamp burn strong.
Garett


I will love you forever, Sweet Child,
You are always going to be #1 in my heart, no matter what anyone else may say. Don’t let the world bring you down. Stay positive all the time. Always know God is there for you. God loves you way more than your dad and me. If you ever get upset with us, know he will always be there. You are loved very much- never forget that!
Reighna

My Dear Son,
Dad will never stop loving you! Goodnight and pray that God will let you wake up and live another day to praise him, love him, and do good by him. Remember Dad will always love you and protect you with everything that I have. Goodnight, my son, and sleep well.
Mario

Dear Son,
I will always love and be there for you during the good and bad times. I will always show that I care for you and nothing will put our relationship down. Always remember that God is first in everything and when  I am long gone, God will always be there.
Josh

Goodnight My Sweet Princess,
Mommy will always love you. I am not going to be the perfect mother, but I sure will try my best to be everything that you want and need me to be. The Lord is always going to protect and keep you through every situation. He always has your back. You’re going to go through trials and tribulations but if you pray to God, then he will see you through anything. You are my princess and my angel. May the Lord bless you and keep you. I love you, princess. Mommy.
Madison


Why do stars suddenly appear, every time you are near? Just like me, they want to be close to you. On the day that you were born, the angels sprinkled kindness and love in your eyes. Now everytime I mess up, just know that Dad is trying. I love you, son, and I pray to the Lord that he will watch over you. In everything you do, I will keep you safe down here and God will take care of you.
Wesley

Goodnight My Sweet Baby Boy,
Sleep when knowing that I will always be here for you watching you grow and bloom into a wonderful young man and then into a virtuous grown man. I will be there to teach you and to guide you on your journey, and even though I may not always be with you, God the Father will be there, always and forever. He will be the one to show you your way in your own personal journey. But nonetheless, I will be here for you when you call for me, watching over you and helping you when fall. I'll hold you close when you cry. I love you, my sweet baby boy.
B.
God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: