Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Final Blessings, 2016

Scott, Dave, and me with the folks in South Lyon, Michigan.
We worked on one of my favorite memory verses in all five classes last week. All of my 90+ students wrote The Blessing Of Aaron for a grade as a memory verse and repeated it on their test. Found in Numbers 6:24-26, God commanded the first high priest of Israel to use these words to bless his chosen people:
"The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."

We spoke of the human need for approval and how parents can have such an effect on the self-worth of their children. We talked of bedtime rituals and how moms and dads can make their kids feel important and ease their fears. I told them about how our folks tucked us in when we were small, prayed with us, and kissed us good-night. With that discussion as background, I gave each student a sheet of paper and had them pen a bedtime blessing to the child they will bring into the world in future years. The next several nights, I'll let some of them speak for me. Boys are in blue, girls in pink, and all are used with permission!



For My Little Boy,
I pray that the Lord gives you strength and wisdom. I pray that he protects you and guides you to be an honest and loving man. Know that I love you unconditionally, and will always protect and support you. But, more importantly God loves you and I pray you will love him with all your heart, and be a disciple to others for him. Naomi

Goodnight Princess,
Me and your mommy will always love you. We will be there no matter what happens. You can talk to God about anything- he will be able to guide you. There will be times when I discipline you, but that is because I love you and want the best for you. Say your prayers and go to sleep. Remember that I will always love you.
Justin

My Beautiful Child,
I pray that you grow up to be the person the Lord wants you to be. I pray that life treats you well and that if you go through trials and tribulations, just know that mommy is here and will help guide you. I know that I will not always be a perfect mom to you and I just want you to know that even when I’m not at my best, I still love you and I am trying. My child, I pray that life brings you great happiness and that you inherit my dimples so that we can smile together as we walk through life together. I love you, my sweet child! You are my everything. Love, Mommy
Jillian

Dear Daughter,
You are very special to me and your mom. We love you and will care for you. When you get mad, don’t fight or say things back. This will only get you into trouble. You should just calm down and pray to God. He will always be there when you need him as he can do all things. I want you to know that I love you so much and that I will always. Be my little girl. Even though I won’t always be the best dad, I will always try hard to be for you. If you're a good girl, you will get rewarded. Love you!
Traven

My Sweet Beloved,
I will love you no matter what. My love for you is not focused on gender, sexuality, etc. You are the light in my darkness, the stars that make our sky unique. Your life is important to me. I may act like I don’t at times but I do, I love you. I may not yet understand you, but I hope to one day. Rest your head and if you need someone to help you in the dangers of night, I am here for you. Lay with no worry of fear- I will hold you and help you when I can.
Madison

To My Dear Child,
You will be journeying through something tough, but know this: I, and billions of others have made it through. Look towards your goal always and peresevere until you reach it. You may doubt me and others around you but have faith in your heavenly father. Lead a life that you will be proud of and know that I and God will always love you.
Erik

I hope when you read this, you will understand how blessed you are to have been born and how blessed we are to have you. My advice to you is enjoy the good stuff about life and not the bad stuff. I hope you walk in your father's footsteps and play basketball because the sport is fun but if you want to play football or some other sport,I will train you as hard as I train. You will probably hate me your middle school life but high school you will love me. Sorry but if you want to be good, you got to put in work. I will always love you.
Kolby

Sweet Dreams My Love,
Have a good night’s rest and let go of all your worries. You have all the protection you need from me and your dad and your other dad “upstairs.”
Megan

Goodnight, My Prince,
I wanted to let you know that I will always love you. Even if sometimes I might not show it when I’m angry, just know I’m doing it out of love. If I go bankrupt and we ended up on the streets, just know through all that I will still love you. We might not agree all the time but just know I love you. When I’m in heaven looking down upon you, just know I will still love you and look after you even in death.
Jace

Goodnight My Young Child,
I am not with you now but I tell you this; trust in the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, and mind. Life is tough but you must play with the hand that you’re dealt. Be tough and courageous, love your enemies and fear nothing as the greatest enemy you will encounter is yourself. I love you and will always care for you. Sweet dreams my son! Sleep tight. Vageli


God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want to thank Dr.Agbazara for his job in my family, this is man who left me and the kids for another woman without any good reasons, i was pain and confuse,till one day when i was browsing through the internet with my computer then i saw Dr.Agbazara contact, then i contaced him and he help me cast a reunion spell, since I then the situation has changed, everything is moving well, my husband who left me is now back to his family. reach DR.AGBAZARA TEMPLE via email if you have any relationship problem at:

( agbazara@gmail.com )
OR whatsapp or call him on +2348104102662