Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Bedtime Blessings, Part II



We worked on one of my favorite memory verses in all five classes last week. All of my 90+ students wrote The Blessing Of Aaron for a grade as a memory verse and repeated it on their test. Found in Numbers 6:24-26, God commanded the first high priest of Israel to use these words to bless his chosen people:
"The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."

We spoke of the human need for approval and how parents can have such an effect on the self-worth of their children. We talked of bedtime rituals and how moms and dads can make their kids feel important and ease their fears. I told them about how our folks tucked us in when we were small, prayed with us, and kissed us good-night. With that discussion as background, I gave each student a sheet of paper and had them pen a bedtime blessing to the child they will bring into the world in future years. The next several nights, I'll let some of them speak for me. Tonight's entries are all from young ladies and all are used with permission!
My dear precious princess. First off, I want you to know that there will be many hardships in your life. Life will be tough but there will always be people to pick you back up and guide you on the righteous path. No matter what, I will always be here to support and help you achieve your dreams. Never dwell on your mistakes because those issuer you form into the wonderful and beautiful daughter you are. But, most importantly, know that I and God love you dearly, never forget that. - Love, Mom -Jean (junior)

                                                                 My little Princess. I love you so much and I want to thank you for being amazing. You are beautiful inside and out and I am so blessed to be your mom. I thank God for you everyday and I promise to protect you with my life. I will always support you and give you all the love I have. You are a blessing to me and all I ever wanted. I want you to be great. Put God first and remember that you are beautiful and I love you. - Your Loving Mother  -Diamin (junior)


My dear child; remember, I will support you forever, and I will always stand by your side. I love you more than everyone. You are the sweetest child in the world. Sometimes, you may be do something to make me disappointed in you, but I will never give up on you. You are the one that God blessed. And you are the only one to make me happy forever. I will protect you when you are little, and take care of you. You will protect me when I grow old, just like I protect you. Don’t feel alone when you leave home, because I will always right there waiting for you. Child, please believe that I will give to you everything that I have, even my heart. -Rachel (junior)

My heart, please know that you are loved unconditionally. Your dad and I care about you and will always protect you. Never let someone define you who did not create you , and the only one who created you was God. Never be scared to dream because it could be just what the world needs. Please be comfortable with exploring new worlds and ideas because that’s what life is about. I’m excited to see you grow spiritually, mentally, and physically, and I hope you will pass me in each way. - With Love, Mom- Bria (junior)
My precious child, know this: always remember your worth. I love you so much and God loves you more than both of us can imagine. Remember that you can always call on God for anything that you need and you are not alone. You can always talk to me and your father about absolutely anything at all. Remember that we will always support and care for you in all that you do. Always treat others the way you want to be treated and don’t be afraid to think with an open mind and act outside the comfort zone in your life. There will be amazing times and not so great times, but you will learn and grow and be better for them. I will always love and care for you so, so much! - Love, Mommy-Roseline (junior)

My dearest precious angel. You are the greatest blessing that has ever happened to me. I can never stop thanking God for you each day. Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. At the end of the day, He is all that matters. He has blessed you with the talents and skills that can be taken from you at anytime. Work hard and stay humble. Nothing comes easy in life. Do not stray from the path of life that God has prepared for you to follow. May obstacles will come your ay but stay focused on your goals. With God, anything and everything is possible. Always remember Mommy and Daddy are always here for you. We love you so much. Sleep tight, my precious child, Love, your greatest support system, Mom. -Annaliza (junior)

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com








No comments: