Monday, October 19, 2015

Bedtime Blessings


We worked on one of my favorite memory verses in all five classes last week. All of my 90+ students wrote The Blessing Of Aaron for a grade as a memory verse and repeated it on their test. Found in Numbers 6:24-26, God commanded the first high priest of Israel to use these words to bless his chosen people:
"The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."

We spoke of the human need for approval and how parents can have such an effect on the self-worth of their children. We talked of bedtime rituals and how moms and dads can make their kids feel important and ease their fears. I told them about how our folks tucked us in when we were small, prayed with us, and kissed us good-night. With that discussion as background, I gave each student a sheet of paper and had them pen a bedtime blessing to the child they will bring into the world in future years. The next several nights, I'll let some of them speak for me. Boys are in blue, girls in pink, and all are used with permission!


My princess! You are absolutely incredible! No matter what people tell you, ALWAYS remember that! You are beautiful, unique, and special. No matter what insecurities you have, no matter what feelings you are hiding, always remember to cover it with a smile and you will begin to forget those feelings exist. Never forget to dream and do what you can to achieve those dreams. With hard work, determination, and the help of God, you will accomplish wonderful things! Just know you are loved, supported, and extraordinary. Do great things! Love, Mom. - Annie (junior)
My dear son, you make me proud to be a father! Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do something. Dream big and achieve more. Put God first in everything you do and be humble. I hope you will learn from your mistakes in life just like I have so you can grow up to be successful and live for the Lord! Remember, you are and will always be my and Mom's little angel. Love, you! Dad  -Micah F. (junior)

Love, you mean so much to me! You are special and unique, unlike anyone else. Take pride in that. The most valuable thing you have is your heart. Be soft, ,loving, and put others before yourself and you will always get love in return. Always know your father and I love you very, very much and we will forever, no matter what. Love, Mom -Sydney (junior)

Dear child: You will have many adventures in this world and I want you to enjoy every one of them. This world is full of mystery and I know you will solve many problems. I hope you will find joy and that you will explore to the ends of the earth. I will always love you. Dad - Max (junior)

My beautiful bundle of joy! Your mommy loves you. As you grow, there will be many obstacles in life. Just know that God will always be there for you. You are wonderful, unique, beautiful, spectacular, AND a child of God. When you meet a man who loves you, he must support and care for you and love you like you are his queen. Your daddy and I will always be there for you, even when you graduate. I will cherish you until the end of this world. Never let anyone tell you that you cannot do something- make sure you prove them wrong because God knows that you are special. Put God first in everything and love Him with ALL of your heart. My angel, if you put these things in your heart- JESUS  OTHERS  YOURSELF- you will have JOY! Mommy will always love you. -Eme (junior)

My dear child. I want you to know that I will always love you and cherish you throughout the good and the bad. Even when I seems I am not with you, know that God and I will always be with you. Know this: do not conform to those who both love you and hate you because that form of imitation will hurt you. Whatever the trouble, whatever the outcome, Mommy and I will always love you. Love, Daddy -Joshua (junior)

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com



No comments: