Tuesday, April 21, 2015

More Acts Of Courage


Last week, I mentioned a site called mensteppingup.com in connection with a clip on Dietrich Bonhoeffer. On Friday, I showed my classes the clip below in which men were asked , "What is the most courageous thing you have ever done?" It is well worth the three minutes it takes to watch! Today, as a bonus question on my Gospels' quiz over Luke 22:39-71, I asked my students that same question. All are used by permission. I will post some of them for several nights. Here is what they wrote with boys' responses in blue and girls in pink:

The most courageous thing I have done is walk into a home for mentally ill patients and spend time with them.

The bravest thing I have done is to open up to someone and let them know how I feel about them.

The bravest thing I have ever done is to admit I need help in general.

The most courageous thing I have done was to go and talk to my grandmother  in the hospital and stay strong while she was struggling to hold on.

The most courageous thing I have done is to let go of people I love a lot but who were bad for me.

The most courageous thing I have done was to confront a teacher about being disrespectful during the morning devotional and prayers. The teacher told us to be quiet but who was not quiet themselves. 

The most courageous thing I have done is ride a scary horrible roller coaster!

The most courageous thing I have done is go up on our roof during Hurricane Ike to fix several holes that had been opened by the hurricane. I spent several hours working up there.

The most courageous thing I have done was flying from Tanzania to Houston alone in a 23 hour flight.

The most courageous thing I have done is conquering my fear of heights.

The most courageous thing I have done is to fly to Puerto Rico alone last summer to see my uncle and play for his team.

The most courageous thing I have done is that I have switched schools many times and had to make new friends.

The most courageous thing I have done was that I had surgery when I didn't even know what it was.

The most courageous thing I have done is stand up for my faith in Jesus Christ.

The most courageous thing I have done in my life was to be able to admit that I was the problem.

The most courageous thing I have done was reading/speaking at my grandmother's funeral; it was especially hard because I was so close to her.

The most courageous thing I have done was to save a little girl from drowning in about ten feet of water.

The most courageous thing I have done was to end a really bad relationship.

The most courageous thing I have done was to commit my life to Christ even though I still struggle.

The most courageous thing I have done was climb into my attic for the first time.

Applicable quote of the day:
Jim Hightower 

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1 
www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: