Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Still More Acts Of Courage


Last week, I mentioned a site called mensteppingup.com in connection with a clip on Dietrich Bonhoeffer. On Friday, I showed my classes the clip below in which men were asked , "What is the most courageous thing you have ever done?" It is well worth the three minutes it takes to watch! Today, as a bonus question on my Gospels' quiz over Luke 22:39-71, I asked my students that same question. All are used by permission. I will post some of them for several nights. Here is what they wrote with boys' responses in blue and girls in pink:

The most courageous thing I have done is jump off a 12 foot diving board into 15 feet of water!

The most courageous thing I've done is to go up in front of my church as a Psalmist.

The most courageous thing I have done in my life is to tell a best friend that they were wrong in their actions and that I was disappointed in them.

The most brave thing I have done is standing up to my dad.

The most courageous thing I have done is pass the examination to my high school in Vietnam.

The most courageous thing(s) I have done are: saving a girl from being dragged behind a boat head first at camp and also, telling my mom about something personal. 

The most courageous thing I've done is jumping off a 40 foot cliff and landing alive in the water.

The most courageous thing I have done was going on the Steel Eel Rollercoaster at Seaworld when I was seven. Of course, I can somewhat handle it now but I am still uncomfortable with heights.

The most courageous thing I have done was going on a zipline over a river at camp!

The most courageous thing I have done is trusting people on my cheer squad to catch me when I fly because if they don't, I could be hurt seriously or die. 

The most courageous thing I have done is jumping off the roof of a house onto a trampoline.

The most courageous thing I have done is jump over a gate while being chased by a dog.

The most courageous thing I have done is accepting Jesus and following His ways!

The most courageous thing I have done is that I saved someone from drowning.


Applicable quote of the day:
“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
Lao Tzu 


God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: