Monday, February 24, 2014

I AM............Part IV


My classes just finished studying the seven I AM statements Jesus made in the Gospel of John. (Recently, Karen Long, my fellow WCS faculty member, noted that in John 10:36, Jesus reminded the leaders that He had stated, "I am the Son of God.") If you aren't familiar with them, here they are!
I am the bread of life.
I am the true vine.
I am the good shepherd.
I am the gate for the sheep.
I am the light of the world.
I am the resurrection and the life.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.

I gave my students the assignment of coming up with their own I AM statements which would define them. Over several nights, I will post some of them. They are brutally honest and all are used with permission, boys in blue and girls in pink

I am the boy who does stupid things, knowing their consequences.
I am the boy who gets nervous when people talk to him.
I am the boy who hides his true identity within his different friends' circles.

I am the boy who misses his family.
I am the boy who will be baptized one day.
I am the girl who lives in a fantasy and yet lives in a nightmare.

I am the girl just waiting for a miracle and wishing for a sign.
I am the girl who is afraid to talk to her crush.
I am the girl who is afraid of compliments and afraid to trust.

I am the boy who will find a great wife.
I am the boy who knows the pain of surgery.
I am the boy afraid of the SAT.

I am the girl who remembers everything.
I am the girl who smiles in any situation.
I am the girl who is always sleepy.
I am the girl who runs slow but who finds sports exciting.
I am the girl who doesn't want to go to bed at night or get up in
the morning.

I am the boy who is self-destructive.
I am the girl who cannot let go of the past.
I am the girl who loves the Lord and all He did.
I am the girl with no present parents.
I am the girl whose happiness comes in dreams.
I am the girl with many emotions who only lets happy show as to not worry others.

I am the girl afraid of change even though it is all I know.
I am the girl who feels unloved.

I am the boy they say is not good enough.
I am the boy who has changed behavior in the last year.
I am the boy who disgusts himself.

I am the girl who needs to face her faults.
I am the girl who wants to thank her parents.
I am the girl confused by love!


God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: