Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I AM ........ Chapter 2


My classes just finished studying the seven I AM statements Jesus made in the Gospel of John. (Today, Karen Long, my fellow WCS faculty member, noted that in John 10:36, Jesus reminded the leaders that He had stated, "I am the Son of God.") If you aren't familiar with them, here they are!
I am the bread of life.
I am the true vine.
I am the good shepherd.
I am the gate for the sheep.
I am the light of the world.
I am the resurrection and the life.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.

I gave my students the assignment of coming up with their own I AM statements which would define them. Over several nights, I will post some of them. They are brutally honest and all are used with permission, boys in blue and girls in pink!

I am the girl with a double life.
I am the girl who loves being outdoors and on farms.
I am a girl who really wants to connect with God.
I am a girl who is beautiful, flaws and all.
I am the girl who can't live without music.
I am the boy who is friends with everybody but who has not true friends.
I am the boy who acts tough so no one can get to know him.
I am the boy who walks into a room and forgets why he is there.
I am the boy who makes bad grades because he doesn't try.

I am a girl who is really cool!
I am a girl who wants there to be only one nation in the world.
I am the girl you won't regret being friends with.
I am the girl who is pure and vulnerable.
I am the boy who secretly likes playing the piano and singing like Frank Sinatra.
I am the boy everybody thinks is stupid.
I am the girl who is an open book.

I am the boy who will leave the crowd to try something different.
I am the boy who goes to church whenever he can.
I am the boy who will always strive to succeed.

I am the girl with the very big smile.
I am the boy scared of being alone in the dark.
I am the boy who wants a dog but cannot because he's allergic.

I am the girl in the middle of true and false.
I am the girl who is the peace in the family quarrel.
I am the girl who is pleasant because I am me.
I am the girl who is scared to be me because people laugh.
I am a girl who sings with a voice for God.
I am a girl with a heart full of love.

I am the boy who want to set a good example.
I am the boy who is always regretting his decisions.
I am the boy who is not cocky as a basketball player but that can be a fault.


God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: