Thursday, October 31, 2013

Bedtime Blessings Scene IV

The Hawley male grandsons at the time! Back: Dave (left), Wayne
Front: Me (left), Grandpa Hawley, Dale

We began working on one of my favorite memory verses in all five classes last week. All of my 100+ students wrote The Blessing Of Aaron for a grade as a memory verse and repeated it on their test. Found in Numbers 6:24-26, God commanded the first high priest of Israel to use these words to bless his chosen people:

"The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."


We spoke of the human need for approval and how parents can have such an effect on the self-worth of their children. We talked of bedtime rituals and how moms and dads can make their kids feel important and ease their fears. I told them about how our folks tucked us in when we were small, prayed with us, and kissed us good-night. With that discussion as background, I gave each student a sheet of paper and had them pen a bedtime blessing to the child they will bring into the world in future years. The next several nights, I'll let some of them speak for me. Boys are in blue, girls in pink, and all are used with permission.

Dear son, my love and pride for you is never changing. Your mother and I sensed your love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, self-control, and an unfailing love for God in the early days. Pray and thank God for every day of your life; for what He gives, He can take away. Follow in the path we have set for you, as we strive to bring success and Godliness to your life. Hate is a word I will never use for what we say we don’t always mean. No matter what comes your way, I will always love you and be there for you. Remember John 16:33, as it has and still is leading me through life, but the female life is tougher. Respect, love, and support all women as you do yourself. Pray for your future wife, that God leads you to the right person. Sleep well my child; the Lord grants you rest. And please use this quote every day of your life: “Preach about Christianity; sometimes you will have to use words.” I pray this blessing stays with you all of your days.
                   -Emmanuel Ukot

Be calm my child, knowing that I will be there for you and will watch you always, whether it is on Earth or from heaven. If you get mad at me, know that whatever I do is for your own good. When you are in need, you can come to me, but if not me, go to God and ask him what to do. I love you and I will tell you every single day that I will be on this earth. I hope that you know God loves you, too. Do not give in to temptation and try with all your soul to fulfill His plan for you. I will love you forever and will never stop thinking of you, even at the end of my days. I love you. Your Father.

-Joshua Hernandez

My little girl, I love you. I want you to always know this. Always do your best in everything you do and your father and I will always be there cheering for you. If someone gets you down, always remember that you should forgive and move on. If you ever need help and I am not there, do not forget about your father watching over you. Remember that there are others around you that are not going to be as blessed as you are, so sometimes you must love and bless them. I will always be here for you, sweetie. Goodnight. Mommy.

-Jenna Berglund

Dear child of mine, let the Lord keep you and be watchful of you. Make good decisions and think good thoughts. If I’m not around, just look up and know that He is watching. I will love you with all my life. Do what you believe in and always keep moving forward. Never let the bad things and bad people get inside your head. I love you with all my heart. Love, Mom.

-Kalani Ledesma

My baby girl, you are beautiful in my eyes and God’s. You will shine brighter than all the stars; just keep the Lord in your heart. I love you more than you can imagine. You are the apple of my eye and the twinkle in my heart. Just thinking of you makes my heart jump with happiness. I hope you live a wonderful life with all of your friends and family by your side. You are meant for great things! God will use you in ways that you can’t even imagine. Shine bright, live on, and be yourself.
-Kayla Johnson
 
Goodnight my sweetheart! Let your dreams be wonderful and magical. You are my princess and I will always love you. I hope you shine upon the world, because your Father has made you as perfect and magnificent as you can be! Be who you are and never change for others. You are my sunshine! I know you will succeed in everything you do. Our Father will be watching you and put blessings over you as you sleep! Sweet dreams! I love you!  Mom.
-Briah Napier

My child, I hope you had a wonderful day and ready to sleep the night away. You are definately my little angel as you have blessed my life in uncountable ways. He has made you in an image of His son, shown by the wonders of your eyes and loving inner-self that gives you a God-believing character. You are beautifully and wonderfully made. Don’t let anyone tell you different. Love your Lord with all your all heart, strength, mind and soul. Love your family, friends, and enemies. I wish everyday of your short life a challenge to spread the Word through Jesus in everything you do. Don’t store treasures, but be a treasure to everyone who encounters you. Saying “I love you” understates my true love for you, my child. I adore you and I know you will make me proud one day with your wise decisions. Cherish the moments you have with anyone because someday, their time will be finished and will live a joyous eternity in heaven. See you someday, my child. Say your prayers and sleep tight! Love Christina. P.S. You can just call me Mom!         
         -Christina Smith


God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: