Saturday, November 03, 2012

I AM .................

My classes are all studying the seven I AM statements Jesus made in the Gospel of John. If you aren't familiar with them, here they are!
I am the bread of life.
I am the true vine.
I am the good shepherd.
I am the gate for the sheep.
I am the light of the world.
I am the resurrection and the life.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.

I gave my students the assignment of coming up with their own I AM statements which would define them. Over several nights, I will post some of them. They are used with permission, boys in blue and girls in pink!

I am the house for the homeless person. Tina
I am here to glorify God. Isabel
I am messianic Jewish. Jake

I am the light in cold and dark places. Simone
I am eager to suffer for Christ. Rebecca

I am a raindrop from the sky. Jasmine
I am someone who does just enough to get by. DeAngelo
I am the one who can build good relationships between America and China. Sophie
I am not brave but I always act bravely. Angela
I am passionate. Mary
I am a beautifully and wonderfully made child of God. Mandy
I am sorry for all the wrong I have done. Alejandro
I am a new beginning and a new person. Erin
I am friends with cool people. Minna
I am a fisherman. Wade
I am left handed- and I am so proud of it! Grace
I am determining my destiny. Galen
I am a THUG (True Hero Under God). Dustin
I am in God's hands. Bryan
I am trying to be someone I would like to know. Ben

I am the one and only for my future husband. Valerie
I am symbolic and free spirited. Amara
I am a leader....and a follower. Harrison
I am a fan of Jesus. Hyungi

God bless,

Steve
Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: