Friday, November 02, 2012

Eighth Grade Blessings Encore



We began working on one of my favorite memory verses in all five classes last week. Last Friday, my sophomores and eighth graders wrote The Blessing Of Aaron for a grade. Found in Numbers 6:24-26, God commanded the first high priest of Israel to use these words to bless his chosen people:
"The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."

We spoke of the human need for approval and how parents can have such an effect on the self-worth of their children. We talked of bedtime rituals and how moms and dads can make their kids feel important and ease their fears. I told them about how our folks tucked us in when we were small, prayed with us, and kissed us good-night. With that discussion as background, I gave each student a sheet of paper and had them pen a bedtime blessing to the child they will bring into the world in future years. The next several nights, I'll let some of these eighth graders speak for me. Boys are in blue, girls in pink, and all are used with permission!


My brave and courageous son. You are blessed by God and He loves you. I love you and I will always be here for you. When you are in danger or in trouble, I will be there to protect you and you can count on me for everything. Never take things lightly- every moment of life you get is important and you should live life to the fullest. Listen to God and He will lead you down the correct path of life. God has blessed you with many talents and thank Him every moment you get. Goodnight, my sweet, dear son. I love you. You are the one who makes me want to live life.
                                Love, Daddy
                                        -Everett Nelson

My dear prince:  Give thanks to God because He has blessed you with another day. Always know your father and I have lots of love for you and have watched you grow into a living, successful young man. Remember that you can do all things through Christ who gives you strength. May He keep you and protect you through all you do. As you now lay your head down tucked into your bed, tell the Lord our God thank you.
                                With love, Mommy
                                        -Evony Nelson

Dear little boy, May you put God first in every aspect of your life. Remember He has a plan for you and do not fear no matter what happens. Your mother and I both love you deeply and will be there for you no matter how old you grow. Do not be tempted by the media, which is one of the many ways Satan will push you away from God. I will always be there for you, even when your mother  cannot be. Continue to grow spiritually and have a wonderful night of sleep. I love you.
                                        -Robert Davies

My sweet princess: You are a blessing from God. Never let go a day without praying to Him for another beautiful day. God listens to children’s prayers. Always know your father and I will be here for you, even until you meet your prince charming. We will love you and support you until the end. We will cherish everything about you. I love you!
                                        -Annaliza Suerte

My precious child, You are the imagery which I dreamed of and was blessed with. Now I bless you to learn the truth and if you get knocked down on your endeavors and I am not there to pick you up, I will be there to give you strength and the will to keep fighting. Never forget the words I speak to you tonight because at every corner, there is a corrupted soul who wants to fill your mind and everyone else’s around you with sheer ignorance. So blind the lies and shine the truth! Much love to you.
                                Your Father
                                        -Donald Val

My blessed treasure, You are the apple of God’s eyes and you will always be my fairy-tale dream! You are my child. I claim you, love you, and will always cherish you. Learn from your mistakes and put them in practice as correction in your life. You are a light that has never been in my life and the moment I, by God’s grace, brought you into this world. I knew you were my young Mona Lisa. I love you and I will do everything for you to love me. Sweet dreams, and goodnight.
                                         Love, Mother
                                        -Danita Akunna

Dear son: I love you with all my heart and will sacrifice anything for you. I have taught you God’s and my values. I am sure when you grow up you will be a great leader and a man of God. I will always be there for you in times of trouble and  triumph. I pray that you will go in the right path as I direct you. God has already planted a seed in my life. Now its time to plant yours.
                                Love, your father
                                        -Jose Sosa

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: