Monday, November 05, 2012

I AM........ Chapter III


My classes are all studying the seven I AM statements Jesus made in the Gospel of John. If you aren't familiar with them, here they are!
I am the bread of life.
I am the true vine.
I am the good shepherd.
I am the gate for the sheep.
I am the light of the world.
I am the resurrection and the life.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.

I gave my students the assignment of coming up with their own I AM statements which would define them. Over several nights, I will post some of them. They are used with permission, boys in blue and girls in pink! I was honored when my brother, Dave, told me he used the ones posted Saturday as his Sunday school lesson!

I am a student still learning, searching for enlightenment. Jose
I am trusting in the Lord for my future. A. J.
I am strong through anything. Jackson
I am the one who brings joy to my family. Ruby
I am grateful for what I have. Jordan
I am German in a new country. Tim
I am a person who tries not to judge. Cassie
I am the only grandchild who still has my grandfather's name. Robert
I am a good son. Joshua
I am a bull-headed, stubborn son. Stephen
I am the lost boy in a big world. Chege
I am the trunk of the tree. Ran
I am the only blue eyed person in my family. Jacob
I am a reverent worshiper. Clayton
I am able to see small, simple details in things. Ben
I am the path to a new world. Zak
I am a glimpse of Jesus. Laura
I am the one who tries to show no hatred. J'Von
I am eager for what God has planned for me. Amber
I am a shy but intelligent student. Kaleb

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com


No comments: