Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Eighth Grade I AMs



My classes are all studying the seven I AM statements Jesus made in the Gospel of John. If you aren't familiar with them, here they are!
I am the bread of life.
I am the true vine.
I am the good shepherd.
I am the gate for the sheep.
I am the light of the world.
I am the resurrection and the life.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.

I gave my students the assignment of coming up with their own I AM statements which would define them. Over several nights, I will post some of them. They are used with permission, boys in blue and girls in pink! These are from my eighth graders.

I am the youngest child. Sydney
I am distinguishing myself from bad influences. Micah

I am saved by the blood of the lamb. Brady
I am two spirits fighting an inner battle within myself. Morgan
I am the light in a dark tunnel. Eme
I am Cuban. Michael
I am the heat in a cold winter storm. Lowell
I am unsure of what God has in store for me. Kennedy
I am the bookworm. Patrick

I am the mush who cries in sad movies. Ostara
I am the Legomaster. Justin
I am the one who has to do what has to be done. Bailey
I am the only Chinese student in 8th grade. Rachel
I am a blonde but I am not a dumb blonde. Alex
I am God's original masterpiece living victoriously. Raye
I am a lover, not a fighter. Jalen
I am the one who could change my future. Aijalon
I am weird in my weird way. Brittany
I am waiting for the day I fall in love. Maggie
God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: