Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sophomore Blessings: The Sequel


We began working on one of my favorite memory verses in all five classes last week. Last Friday, my sophomores and eighth graders wrote The Blessing Of Aaron for a grade. Found in Numbers 6:24-26, God commanded the first high priest of Israel to use these words to bless his chosen people:
"The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."

We spoke of the human need for approval and how parents can have such an effect on the self-worth of their children. We talked of bedtime rituals and how moms and dads can make their kids feel important and ease their fears. I told them about how our folks tucked us in when we were small, prayed with us, and kissed us good-night. With that discussion as background, I gave each student a sheet of paper and had them pen a bedtime blessing to the child they will bring into the world in future years. gain this evening and for the next several nights, I'll let some of them speak for me. Boys are in blue, girls in pink, and all are used with permission!


Dear loving sweet child: May God keep you and bless you even though we will have our differences, I want you to know that I still love you. I love you with all my heart because you are my flesh and blood. You’re the greatest gift that God gave to me and I hope and pray you know how much you mean to me. Don’t let the evils of this world bring you down because you can achieve anything. Strive for the best and work hard in everything you do. I will always support and love you! Love,  
the proudest mom in the world because you are my child.

                                       -Taylor Courtney

Sweet child, whether or not you know how much I love you, know that everything I do is for you. Go through life knowing you are loved by your family and God always, no matter what anyone else says. You are protected by God. Trust him in everything. Know that I am always there for you, and I will never hate you, no matter what you might do. 
Love, Mama
                                       
                                      -Julia Poage

Dear love, you are precious to me. I will always love you. The choices I make for you that you might hate are only the best for you. I hope you choose God as your number one role model so you may always walk in the beautiful light. You are perfect to God, your father, and I. And one day you will find someone who sees you just as perfect as we do. Sweet, sweet dreams. No mistake could ever take away my love for you. Goodnight, precious child of God.
                                         

                                    - Caitlyn Wagner

My children, I will always be there to protect you, to love you, to guide you- don’t be discouraged by anything or anyone. Don’t make the same mistakes I did. Forgive everyone that hurts you in any way; anger will only hold you back and cause you more trouble. You will want revenge, but they will, too. Try your hardest at life. If I am not by your side, I know your mom will be. No matter your decisions, we will always love you.
                                       

                                   -Jake Birdsell

Dear son, I love you and never want to lose you, and I will always be there. Always keep faith in Jesus because He is, and will always be with you, through thick and thin. Always put Him first in anything you do, for Christ is the Almighty and enables you to do all things. Glorify Him. Love Him. Praise Him. Do not seek for anyone else’s love, because you have the most important love of all- Christ's. He will forever be with you, even when you do not need Him at that moment. Remember, stay strong and glorify Christ.
                                        -Galen Robinson

My darling son, know that I love you with all my heart and your smiling little face is always in my heart. May you always follow your heart and let God lead you in every choice you make. I thank God for you every second of each day. You are my heart and I’d never let anything happen to you. I will always protect you and be there for you, my sweet baby boy. But when I can’t, know that you can always go and pray to God for He will never leave you nor forsake you. Stay honest and true to yourself as you grow each day. Sleep well, my darling little boy. Love always Mommy. 

                                       
                                       -Diamond T. Morgan

Dear son, always know that me nor your mother will never forsake you; we will always support you in everything you do to do the best of our ability. Know that I will always be here for you through the good and bad. I will be your armor in every type of war. You can come to me for anything at all no matter what it is or how harsh it is. They say that for a father, nothing is greater than the moment they see their son for the first time. I want you to know that the moment I see you my heart will be filled with joy. I love you, my son.
                                       

                                               -Bruse Boudreaux

God bless,
Steve

Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: