Tuesday, November 01, 2011

The Blessing Of Our Children Act III

Last week in my classes, we wrote the Blessing of Aaron as a memory verse. Found in Numbers 6:24-26, God commanded the first high priest of Israel to use these words to bless his chosen people:
"The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."

We spoke of the human need for approval and how parents can have such an effect on the self-worth of their children. We talked of bedtime rituals and how moms and dads can make their kids feel important and ease their fears. I told them about how my folks tucked us in when we were small, prayed with us, and kissed us good-night. With that discussion as background, I gave each student a sheet of paper and had them pen a bedtime blessing to the child they will bring into the world in future years. Tonight, and in the coming nights, I'll let some of them speak for me. The boys' blessings are in blue, the girls' in pink.


"My dear son, I pray  you sleep well and that God will wake you up another day to make you a part of His purpose. Always be thankful for the blessings you receive, and the times we cherish together on this earth. You are a Nelson, which means you are a 'son of a champion;' you are royalty and God has great plans in store for your life. Always learn to be humble and patient, and to listen then speak. Remember to always be kind and do the right thing because someone is always watching. Also, most importantly, remember everything you do do it with your heart and with a positive purpose. You are the reason why I am thankful for the greatest gift God has given me. I love you. Your father." -M.J.


"My dear baby girl, I hope you have wonderful dreams. You are mommy's little honey; you are my hope, my life. I love you, baby. I hope you enjoy the time with your parents, forget all the unhappiness and remember all the good. Mommy will do everything for you no matter how hard it is. Mommy will protect you every time, everywhere. My baby girl, never be afraid, nothing bad will happen, mommy is here to protect you. I hope our Father, God, will bless you every moment, everywhere you go. We love you with all our hearts. Goodnight, baby girl. I love you!" -Melody


"Dear Landen, your daddy and I just want you to know we will always be here for you, no matter what you are going through. I want to be able to have a friendship with you, not only be your mother. Landen, always know if I fail you, God never will.  He is always going to be there for you and there to listen to your problems. If you ever feel like you need to keep something to yourself and stress yourself out, ask God for help, He is there for you. Follow your dreams dude, and just know you are your biggest enemy. I love you so much! Love, Mommy." -Sylvana


"Hey princess. I constantly feel the need to express my everlasting love for you. I know one day you will be too embarrassed to hug me in public and say I love you when you hop out of my car, but I never want you to doubt for a second that I love you with all my heart and soul. God has answered my prayers by giving daddy and me the best gift imaginable; you. We love you more than words can say and that will never change. I know you will make mistakes, but I pray you will never hesitate to be honest with me, for I will never deny my love for you. Now close your eyes and sleep peacefully, for God is watching over you. Sweet dreams, little one. With all my love, Mommy." -Shannon

"Dear Princess, I love you very much and I will always be there to help you when you fall. When you cry, I will sing to you and lift your spirit so high it will reach heaven above. I know that I am proud of anything you do and I will always be proud to call you my daughter. My love will last for eternity. Now go to sleep, make good decisions, and make God your Creator very proud of you. PS: Daddy Loves You!" -Ibe

"My dear handsome and intelligent son. Give thanks to God before you sleep tonight. Never take anything for granted and keep God on your mind and heart. Your mom and I love you unconditionally and we will be there for you no matter what. Always dream big and strive to do your best. With all my love, Dad." -Tre'Jean

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

http://www.hawleybooks.com/
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: