Wednesday, November 02, 2011

The Blessing Of Our Children Quatro

Last week in my classes, we wrote the Blessing of Aaron as a memory verse. Found in Numbers 6:24-26, God commanded the first high priest of Israel to use these words to bless his chosen people:
"The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."

We spoke of the human need for approval and how parents can have such an effect on the self-worth of their children. We talked of bedtime rituals and how moms and dads can make their kids feel important and ease their fears. I told them about how my folks tucked us in when we were small, prayed with us, and kissed us good-night. With that discussion as background, I gave each student a sheet of paper and had them pen a bedtime blessing to the child they will bring into the world in future years. Tonight, and in the coming nights, I'll let some of them speak for me. The boys' blessings are in blue, the girls' in pink.


"My sweet little child; sleep well and thank God for everything you have received and have yet to receive. I love you with the intensity of a thousand suns and so does your father. Remember forever: I will always be with you. I thank God everyday for your life, and the great things you will accomplish. Just know you are the greatest thing that ever happened to me." -Clara


"From birth til death do us part, you will never leave my mind, or soul. You are my heir, son, and will always will be. I will protect you no matter what comes in the way, and it will never stop me. The world is a big place, but you will always have the top three people there to guide you: me, your mother, and God. I love you, and we will always be there for you." -Peyton


"My dear and sweet child: never forget you are never alone. Mommy will always be there for you and cherish you, just like God will as well. God will protect you and keep you in His heart, just as I and your father will. Dearest sweetheart, always remember, even when daddy and I aren't with you, God will bless you all the days of your life. Psalms 4:8 says, 'I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.' Please keep this in your heart. I love you and so does God. Dream the sweetest of dreams tonight and every night, my angel. Good night." -Mallory D.


"My precious child, you are my pride and joy. You are in my thoughts every second of the day. My prayers and hopes go up to our Father, asking that He watch over you and guide you throughout your life. As your little eyes begin to close, you drift off into that magnificent slumber. You dream your way into peaceful sleep. I am with you now, and forever always. You are a piece of me and I am a piece of you. I pray you prosper into the strong prince God has called you to be. If you live by the Word and apply it to your life, God will bless you continuously. My life is filled with joy and love because of your presence. Just listen to the words coming out of my mouth and the beat of my heart as you snuggle up with mommy. These words might come from me, but daddy feels the same about them, too. Always be strong and follow the true role you were called to. I love you dearly and will always be with you. Our hearts will beat as one. Once again, I love you, my prince. Goodnight and sweet dreams. Mommy" -Bryanna D.


"I want you to know I will always be there for you, and whenever you have a problem, do not hesitate to come talk to me. Always remember that God is with you, and when times get tough, you can always go to Him. When you have a bad day, always know I will be there . We can talk about what happened, and pray to God tomorrow will be a better day. I hope that you will always pray and never give up. When you feel like you can't do something anymore, whether it be school or sports, always strive harder. Always know I love you. Know that God loves you. You will always be my very precious daughter. Goodnight. Dad" -Sheyi


"To my sweet angel, first, I want you to know God loves you and will always be there for you whenever you need Him. As you close your eyes, dream the sweetest dreams. Mommy and Daddy love you, and have open arms to all of the sweet hugs you give. Words can't even explain how much we love you. We look forward to seeing the precious gifts and talents God has blessed you with. Whatever you do, your daddy and I will be close by cheering you on. Remember to always pray and never give up! Your whole family is proud of you. Most of all, we love you." -Lindsay

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: