Friday, November 05, 2010

Showers of Blessings

Once again, here are some blessings written by my high school students to their unborn child, based on The Blessing Of Aaron, found in Numbers 6:24-26. The thoughts of the boys are in blue and those of the girls are in purple.

"Dear love of my life, I want you to know that Jesus loves you and so do I with all my heart. I will be by your side through thick and thin. Don't ever say you can't accomplish something; as long as you have Jesus in your life, nothing is impossible. I know that sometimes we will butt heads, because I do it at times with my dad, but it's okay- we will get through it together. I pray that you will be able to come to me about anything and everything. You mean the world to me and I LOVE YOU." Frank

"My dear child, you're a blessing to this world and I always want you to remember it. The Lord brought you to this world for a reason and I pray you will accomplish your goals. Yes, I know you will definitely grow older and become rebellious, but all I want you to remember is that your father and I still love you. We know the choices we make, and they are for your own good. My child, don't aim for the sky, because the stars are your limit. Love me always as I have loved you. I love you, baby. Your mom and best friend." Princess

"Dear son, I hope and pray that you will live a life respectable by God and daily strive to do as God has called. I will do my best to show through my actions what God wants to see out of a man. Live with God as your number one priority and avoid temptations as you grow into what God sees best for you." Bailey

"Dear Son: I tell you this so you can know one thing- I love you. You are the center of my life. I think about you every morning when I wake up and every night when I am in bed. You bring me joy every day when I come home from work. It gives me pleasure like no other to see your bright and smiling face. You make me so proud when I see you playing with your baby sister or creating a work of art. I love you with all of my being. Dad" Hamilton
"My child, may God always bless you. Never lose faith in anything you do; you can achieve anything you set your mind to. My love for you will never cease to exist; always remember that, even in the toughest of situations. Always continue to know God's never ending love for you and uphold yourself to all He has to offer you. Lay still; rest your mind, your body, and your soul for you will always be taken care of. I thank God He allowed me to receive such a beautiful gift as you! My love, live your life to the fullest. Be greater than I ever could. Grow taller, stronger, and more in faith. My love for you always. Mama." Kaitlyn
"My beautiful baby girl: I hope you accomplish everything you wish to do and know that nothing can stop you from your dreams. Always remember that God will help you through everything. As your mom, I will always be behind you 100% in all you do and I will always be there when times get tough. I love you more than you can imagine. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me and I would not trade you for the world. I will remind you of how much I love you when you make mistakes- we all have. I only want what is best for you but just trust God with His plan. I love you, baby girl. Mommy" Caitlin
"My baby, I know that I constantly remind you every day that I love you but it's only to insure that you will always hold these words sacred in your heart. Out of all my accomplishments, there is none that compares to you. You will make mistakes, as I have made many, but no matter what, I will always love you. I want you to talk to me about anything and everything so that our bond will never be broken. No matter how hard life seems at times, I will always be your biggest fan and number one supporter. I am always here for you, sweetheart. When life gets hard for you, just stop and pray and know that I love you." Imani
God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail
me at steve@hawleybooks.com

1 comment:

Sheila Deeth said...

Such wise prayers.