Thursday, November 04, 2010

Blessings On Top Of Blessings

More bedtime blessings from my students to their future children, based on The Blessing of Aaron, found in Numbers 6:24-26. All except Giselle's (who is a sophomore) were penned by eighth graders. Boys are shown in blue and girls in purple.

"Joshua, you are my seed. You have so much greatness in you! Your mother and I both love you so much. You are to do your best in everything you do, no matter what it is. God is going to use you to be a blessing to others. I'm so proud of you, Joshua. I love you, son; goodnight." Joshua F.

"Dear sweetest treasure; I first want you to know that I love you. You are the best thing that I have ever accomplished, though sometimes we will fight and you will think I know nothing. Please know I care about you. As you wake up each morning and go to sleep every night, never forget that you are a gift from God, talented and beautiful. Whenever you feel lost, do not be afraid to ask for help. When you are happy, never forget that I will be even happier, for I love nothing more than to see you smile. Remember to always be a leader and influence those around you in the right way. Be who you are and do everything in the right way. Be who you are and everything will fall into place because God is always with you. Be great, be amazing, be knowledgeable, be the person I have been in love with since the day you were born. Now close your eyes and dream big! Love, Mom."
Giselle

"My dear child, I love you, and will aways want the best for you. I will tell you things that you may not understand until an older age. I will always have fun with you and I will never beat or abuse you. I promise to stay in your life and never leave your mother to take care of you by herself. I love you. Love, Your best friend."
Terrell

"My sweet baby, I love you and I will always love you. My mom said to me, " You are the best blessing God has given me." She sang to me,
"When at night I go to sleep, nineteen angels watch to keep
To who it's given, to guide my steps to heaven."
You are a blessing and I love you. Mom."
Katherine

"Dear son, whom I love and with whom I am well pleased; never look away from God but look directly at Him. Follow the path of Righteousness. Though times may get bad, the Lord says the hungry will be fed. Love those who hate you, and love those who love you. May the good word of God surround you in your walk with Him. Satan will tempt you , but you, with the help of God, will fight and resist it. Give thanks to God, your Father, for you are wealthy in His eyes, and provided for. Pray daily! I love you; good night. Your loving father."
Joshua A.

"My son, as you fall asleep at night, know that if you are afraid, I am a "dad" away. I want you to know I am here for you and so is your mother. We will always love you. Sometimes we might be mad at you, but we will never hate you and we will always be there for you. If it's monsters under your bed or a nightmare, we will always be right there. When you go to sleep until you wake up the next day, we will always be there. I love you. Goodnight."
Zak

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
http://www.hawleybooks.com/
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: