Wednesday, October 06, 2010

A Mother's Touch




Several days ago, my entry was about our wall of prayer, individualized tracings/drawings of my students' left hands. At Westbury Christian School, we have a group of ladies who meet every Wednesday morning. Mom's In Touch is an international organization devoted to praying for children and schools. At the suggestion of Noreen Covey, our WCS group met in my classroom this morning. These wonderful women put their hands on the hands of each one of my 120-some students and prayed for each by name. Can there be any more powerful mission for a mother/grandmother or for a school? Here's what it looked like.

Applicable quote of the day:
"My mother never gave up on me. I messed up in school so much they were sending me home, but my mother sent me right back."
Denzel Washington


Applicable quote of the day, # 2:
"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life."
Abraham Lincoln

Here is the link to the Mom's In Touch website:
God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
E-mail me at steve @hawleybooks.com

1 comment:

Sherry Ann said...

Im so touched looking at their pictures.... a lot of times, kids do well in what they do because of their Mom's fervent prayers. I wish to be a faithful praying Mom someday when i have my own kid....