Sunday, October 03, 2010

Lifting Holy Hands











This past week, my students all put their hands on the wall. Each young person was given these instructions;

Trace your left hand on an 8 1/2'' x 11'' sheet of paper. Write your name prominently and add your birthday, favorite Bible verse, athletic jersey number, or anything else that defines you.
The seniors used white card stock paper while the other grades used either salmon or canary. (I don't use those terms- it was just the colors listed on the packages!) Betsy, my teacher's aide, them stapled them onto one wall, all 132 hands. She managed a perfectly symmetrical pattern but don't ask me how. I will go around and put my hands on each hand and pray for each of these kids. On Wednesday, our Mom's In Touch prayer group will do the same. The Scriptures link hands and prayer. We think it is a great way for us to link them in our young peoples' minds, as well. Here are a few samples so you can see what I mean. Feel free to pray for us if you feel so inclined!

Applcable quote of the day:
"Prayer is exhaling the spirit of man and inhaling the spirit of God."
Edwin Keith
God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

1 comment:

JT said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers. May God Bless You.