Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Certainties

Yesterday, in all five of my classes, we discussed the meaning of Henrews 11:1, the most commonly used Scriptural definition of faith:
''Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.''

I had each student write five definitions of faith from their lives, starting with the words, ''I am certain that...'' For the next several days, I will share some of these thoughts, always by permission. Boys are in blue, girls are in purple.

"I am
certain that I am thought about each second of the day."

Darius
"I am certain I can change peoples' lives."
Gerran
"I am certain that Emily Kefer will always be my best friend."
Kaitlyn
"I am certain that Kaitlyn Vickery will always be my best friend."
Emily
"I am certain that I will always protect my family."
William
"I am certain that I am gifted."
Hamilton
" I am certain I will graduate high school and college."
Emily
"I am certain that I will meet the right girl one day."
Michael
"I am certain I will always be there for someone when they need me."
Lance
"I am certain that the mistakes I have made in the past will never happen again."
Yesenia
"I am certain that God has set a table before me in the presence of my enemies."
Soren
"I am certain that I am as smart as I am because of my mom."
Ernest
"I am certain that I will love my kids."
Caitlin
"I am certain I love God as much as my parents."
Warren
"I am certain that I am going to make the soccer team."
An
"I am certain that something great will come out of my cheerleading."
Jonnie
"I am certain that my kids will know both of their grandparents."
Devone
"I am certain my dad will take care of me."
Corbin
"I am certain that God has given me an acting and writing talent."
Giselle
"I am certain my kids will look up to me one day."
Matthew
"I am certain that I will live to see my grandchildren."
Patrick
"I am certain that I am happier now than I have been in a long time."
Audrey
''I am certain I will always get back up after I have gone down."
John
"I am certain that my youth movement at my church will continue to grow and that we will be one of the most impacting movements in this nation."
Oyinda

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com



1 comment:

Coach Sutton said...

I am certain that if it would have been up to Kylie and Marisa, our son's name would have been Coach Hawley Sutton, rather than Braden Desmond Sutton.