Wednesday, September 08, 2010

The Betsy and God's Workmanship











Most years, I have multiple teacher aides but this year, I have only one. I say only one but Betsy is pretty special. A senior, she will major in photography next year as she begins her college life. Betsy is very creative and organized, two things I am not. Above, she is shown stapling artwork to the wall. Six times a year, I give my kids a Bible verse to transcribe on an 8 1/2'' by 11'' piece of card stock paper. The only instructions I give are that it must be horizontal, it must be illustrated, and it must be signed on the front. Our first verse of the year was one our theme Scriptures, Ephesians 2:10. Here, Paul writes:
"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works which God prepared in advance for us to do.''
I posted a number of these pieces which you will note are often in the student's native language. Below are several shots of my 8th period eighth grade Bible class taking a memory verse quiz today.

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

2 comments:

eikon said...

its great to see the kids viewing themselves as God's handiwork. it is so vital for us all to know that we are fearfully and wonderfully made in God's image.

Sheila Deeth said...

I love this. Thank you!