Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Certainties, Encore Performance

This is the second installment of I am certain that.... statements made by the students in my five classes. These are based on the definition of faith found in Hebrews 11:1. All are used by permission. The girls' thought are in purple, the boys in blue.

"I am certain that I will not go to jail."
Marcus
"I am certain that I am a better person now than I was last year."
Jalyn
"I am certain that God has put me in this school for a reason, and does not want me to leave."
Keegan
"I am certain that my life is amazingly wonderful and I am so blessed because I get to go to school, have fun and receive love everyday."
Jenny
"I am certain that I would never kill another person."
Matthew
"I am certain we don't thank God enough."
Sasha
"I am certain I will work hard for my future to be bright."
Garrett
"I am certain my life will be better, and I can go to Harvard."
April
"I am certain that there are things we need to do to help others that we neglect to do."
Cody
"I am certain that I will never have an abortion."
Julie
"I am certain that I show EVERYONE respect."
Nick
"I am certain that life is hard."
Imani
"I am certain my family is proud of me."
Christian
"I am certain that I will live up to my responsibility of being a good role model to my younger sisters."
Princess
"I am certain I stick out from the crowd."
Ian
"I am certain that my heart will go through a difficult situation and that I will call upon the Lord."
Julia
"I am certain that I will learn from my mistakes before I enter the real world by myself."
Johnavon
"I am certain that I will learn to accept my loved ones for who they are."
Chelsea
"I am certain that nothing will break me when times get tough."
Tobe
"I am certain that I am a good daughter to my mom and dad."
Ashlee
"I am certain that life isn't meaningless."
Joey
"I am certain that I'm a good artist."
Katherine
"I am certain that I will never get a tattoo."
Joshua
"I am certain that the devil is trying to get me every day."
Taylor
''I am certain that I am going to marry someone that i have already met."
Bian
"I am certain that I am a happy person most of the time."
Mary
"I am certain that I will never learn enough about God."
Elson
"I am certain that I will always pray in the morning."
Ruby
"I am certain that I will make a difference in my nephew's life."
Aaron
"I am certain that my mom would sacrifice anything for me."
Aeriel
"I am certain that life can be taken at any time."
Anthony
"I am certain that I will go hard in everything I do from now on."
Jada
"I am certain that my teammates are my family."
Hasani
"I am certain that my sister is the only person I can never get mad at."
Cydney
"I am certain that I enjoy the freedoms I have been blessed with."
Tyler

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
http://www.hawleybooks.com/
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: