Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Bedtime Blessings, Part 3


We continue with our series of blessings written by my students for their future children. These are based on the Blessing of Aaron from Numbers 6:24-26. This set is from some of the members of my Gospels classes.

"My loving son, I thank God everyday that I am blessed with you in my life. As each day passes I know you get closer and closer to reaching the potential God has planned for your life. As you lay your head to bed, dream big with no limit, and follow God's light to where you want to be and what you want to achieve. Times may come when you feel that I am not doing my duty as your father, but everything I do for you, whether good or bad, is that.... for you. May your follow God's path and live under his wing. Mahal ng mahal kita ang anah ho! (I love you, my son!)"
Ryan, grade 10 (Ryan's last line is in Tagalog in honor of his Filipino ancestry.)

"My sweet, beautiful, charming little angel; sleep well tonight, and dream happily of the good and glorious things that will come to you in life. Always know that dad and I will never stop loving you. Never give up or let anyone tell you that you cannot do something. Believe in God and the Holy Gospel. We will always look after you and protect you; we will never leave you. You will always be in my heart and I will cherish you forever. You must be thankful for everyday that the Lord gives you. Make everyday better than the last day. Always know that you are God's beautiful creation and He will always love you and keep you safe. Goodnight, my child. Sleep well and know that you will always be loved."
Nicole, grade 10

"You are my everything, my dear child. You are always in my heart. You are my perfect gift from God. Never be afraid to tell me your story- I will always be here and listen to you. If you ever fail, don't worry because I will help you stand up. I'll never leave you alone, but believe there is nothing you can't overcome, my sweetheart! Love you"
Thuy, grade 11

"Dear son, God and I will always be there for you. If you do something wrong, come to me and the Lord. No matter what, we won't judge you and we will forgive you. Everyday and night, thank the Lord for waking you up and giving you another day to live. You can talk to us about anything and we will listen. Be nice and treat everyone with respect, even if they don't treat you the same. Never take things for granted, be humble, and work hard and you will accomplish everything you want through Jesus Christ. Goodnight, my son. I love you."
Anthony, grade 11

"Dear my sweet beautiful baby girl and my handsome baby boy. Words cannot describe how blessed I am to have you. Don't fear anything in the world for I promise I will allow nothing to harm you. If you wake in a fright, never hesitate to come and talk to me. We will pray and push Satan away. Be grateful for this day you were granted and not guaranteed, and have sweet dreams tonight. Now I'll let you sleep, knowing mommy loves you with every ounce of her soul and her body, and would give anything and everything for her blessed children."
Jamiyla, grade 10

"My precious child, Before you lay down to sleep, pray to the Lord for the precious day, the wonderful memories, and be thankful for the gifts of the present. If you ever need anything, if you hurt, if your scared, or even just for company, your father and I will be there for you. You are special; let no one tell you otherwise. You are a blessing to me all the time. May the angels watch over your slumber and give you sweet dreams. May God let those dreams become reality. I love you always."
Sanie, grade 11

"I will love you with an endless amount of love like your mother. I have to always remember you are my little princess and I have to take care of you . Whenever you grow up to be a lady and a guy breaks your heart, I will be there to take care of you and give you the biggest hug you will ever get. You are my daughter- nothing will ever change that. God blessed me with something I don't deserve. You will always be my little girl. I love you very much. Daddy"
Junel, grade 10

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: