Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Bedtime Blessings, Part 2

Here is another installment of my students writing blessings to their future children, based on the Blessing of Aaron from Numbers 6:24-26. These are the thoughts of some of my eighth graders.

"My dear child, God has blessed me with an extraordinary gift. Know I will always be there for you when you are in need. I will always love you even if you do wrong things. Don't ever feel you are a disappointment because I will love you no matter what. Always walk the path of God and accomplish whatever you want to do in life. Love the ones who hurt you and try to put you down, and forgive their sins just as Jesus did. Love, Daddy."
Deiondre', grade 8

"Dear grateful baby, I love you with all of my heart. I want you to know that I pray for you everyday. If you have problems, I will be here. I'll cherish you and protect you. Your father and I will make sure you have a good life. I can't wait to see you when you enter the world. I can't wait to hear your first word, see your eyes opening, taking your first steps, and watching you get older as the days, months and years go by. Your father and I will raise you in the right way and we will never give up on you and we will have confidence in whatever you choose to do. Your father and I want you to dream big, and follow those dreams always. We love you with our hearts put together. Goodnight, my son. Kiss kiss!"
Victoria, grade 8

"Oh, my child, how I love you so. Always remember to put God at the forefront of your life and He'll take you places that you would never imagine. I love you, my child, and know that even as you grow up, you will always be my little one. May the Lord protect you for all time. May your days be sunny. Goodnight, kiddo."
Tobi, grade 8

"My young child, you know that you are caressed in my love. You will always be in the eyes and the mind of the Lord and I. Always remember to find comfort in your thoughts of Him. He will not put more on you than you can handle without providing a way out. When you think, you'll remember your countless blessing like the crayons in your pencil bag. I love you my child. Never forget.''
Kyle, grade 8


"Goodnight, my little sweetheart. Know that God is always protecting you and guides you through your trials and tribulations. Daddy and I will be there when you need love and compassion. Think before you do things in your daily life and do unto others as you would want them to do to you. I'll always love you, now and forever. Sweet dreams, my little darling. Mommy."
Chelsea, grade 8

''Dear my adoring angel, You are the greatest and most loving gift from God. In my eyes, nothing could be better than you. My hope for you is to be a child of God through the thick and the thin. My promise is to always be there for you, no matter what. I'm waiting to see the great contributions you make in this world and in the one above. I'm waiting to see the wonderful gifts God has given you. Baby girl, sweet dreams, and never forget God's blessings. Love Mommy."
Raven, grade 8


''My little one, stay beautiful and holy. Do not give up on any of your goals or dreams. Remember to love and be kind. If you need anything, mommy will be here for you at anytime of the night or day. I love you so much, my precious, and I can say it a million times. However, I am not the only one who loves you so much; God does too. Remember no matter what you do that I and God will be there to support you. Love Mommy."
Sira, grade 8

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail
me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: