Thursday, November 13, 2008

R-E-S-P-E-C-T, Verse 3

Here is the third installment of thoughts from my female students, answering the question, "How do I want to be treated by a young man?" You will find these girls are very, very honest. Hyunji and Iris are from other countries so they come from a slightly different cultural perspective. One of our women staff members today told me today she was looking forward to seeing the boys' perspectives. Patience!!
"I would love to be treated like a princess, or even just to be treated nicely. Out of all the guys I have gone out with, maybe two treated me well, and now I just get harassed. I would love for a guy to take me out to eat or just have fun and be ourselves, I just wanted to be treated better than I am now."
Haley

" I want to be treated with respect. I want him to accept things about me and my family. I want him to open the doors for me and be a gentlemen. I would want him to be honest and not tell me lies so that he thinks that he can make me do things against God's will. I don't want him to make me do things that I don't want to or am not ready to. I want him to spend everyday like it's his last. I don't want him to take me for granted or vice-versa. He should respect my beliefs in God."
Alexa

" He has to love ONLY me: there cannot to be a second girl. If he ever cheated on me, then I would break up with him. ( This is the most important thing for me. ) He has to treat me as my parents treat me or better. I want him to treat me with the greatest respect he has. He doesn't have to say " I love you" everyday. I have to be able to feel the LOVE from him whenever I am with him. Lastly, I want him to respect my thoughts that I don't want to have any sexual relationship before I get married. I will love a guy with this."
Hyunji

"If I am a young lady , I would want to be treated in a equal way. He can't look down on women and keep talking about how good he is. And he needs to open the doors for me. When he walk along the street, he should walk outside and let me keep away from the rushing traffic. He must respect me and my ideas, even if he doesn't agree with them. He also can't ask me to do anything when I don't want to."
Iris
"I would want to be treated with respect. He should talk to my parents and family. That's a key issue; he must get along with my family and I with his. He should have good morals and be Christian, because that way he'll know what God wants for him. He shouldn't pressure me to do anything I don't want to. He has to walk inside, greet my parents, and tell them where we're going and when we'll be back. Open the door, pull my chair out- all those are necessary."
Jackie


God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at
steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: