Sunday, September 07, 2008

The Face Of My Father






I mentioned yesterday that Scott had slides from our past converted into CD format and sent them to all the kids. Here are three of a young Roger Hawley. In the bottom, he is playing with parakeet although I don't remember us owning any. In the middle, he is at Camp Shiloh in New York. (Dad loved camp!) In the top picture, he is working on building the cupola on our acreage house in Nebraska. That's my favorite of all the pictures of Dad in the CD. In every home we lived in, Dad worked hard to physically improve the house. In this picture, he is laboring on top of a brick patio that he himself conceived, planned, and laid. He was so proud of it......and that cupola! He was a very good man.

Applicable quote of the day:
"My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, 'You're tearing up the grass.' 'We're not raising grass,' Dad would reply. 'We're raising boys.' "
Harmon KillebrewGod bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: