Tuesday, September 09, 2008

The Couple (Part 2)




Some of my students have been looking at these pictures online. One young lady remarked today that, "Coach Hawley, your mother is pretty!" What I really liked is that she did not use the past tense but kept it in the present. No boy would ever think his mother is pretty- after all, she is his mother. But, as I have said before, Mom maintains the beauty of her spirit which the Alzheimer's cannot destroy. The top two pictures were taken in Michigan. The middle one, where the folks are prepping Dave and me to be the next Osmonds, is from Brooklyn. The bottom shot is in Nebraska, sometime before Scott is born. At this stage, Dave still maintains a significant size advantage over me which would help him in our not infrequent fisticuffs!

Golda Meir


God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

2 comments:

Ed. Tritschler said...

Steve, your mention of Brooklyn stirred in my memory a discussion with your dad about the Brooklyn Dodgers. He told me that you lived within the sound of Ebbetts field but he never went to a game.I am a big baseball fan and it is hard for me to realize you could be that close yet not attend a game.
In His Love
Ed

Ed. Tritschler said...

Steve, your mention of Brooklyn stirred in my memory a discussion with your dad about the Brooklyn Dodgers. He told me that you lived within the sound of Ebbetts field but he never went to a game.I am a big baseball fan and it is hard for me to realize you could be that close yet not attend a game.
In His Love
Ed