Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dave And Me




I spent more time with Dave than anyone else as a youngster. Even though we fought considerably as brothers do, he was immensely influential in my development in interests and personality. In many of the photos Scott rescued, Dave and I are the only ones pictured. Below is an excerpt from my book, from the chapter entitled Dave.

"My parents were not big on photographs. There are time gaps in my scrapbook where there might be only one or two pictures per year. In the majority of my earliest snapshots, Dave is in the picture, too. (The exact figure is 59% - I used my calculator.) I suppose that is logical. Brothers close in age are usually together. My favorite picture is one taken sometime before we moved to Nebraska when I was four. Dave and I are kneeling, face down on our bed, offering our bedtime prayers. It was a moment of peace rarely shared during childhood."
God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: