Saturday, March 15, 2008

Friday Update On Dad

I was able to have my best conversation with Dad since his heart surgery two weeks ago today. His voice, to me, was clearer than any time since his stroke. His logic is not yet returned to normal but it is improving. On Monday, Dad will be moved either to another floor for more intensive rehab or back to Surrey Place. Scott said this is a good sign. I also asked Scott why Dad is still on a feeding tube instead of being able to eat and drink. He said the risk with Dad's swallowing difficulties is that he could come down with pneumonia which happened after the stroke. He also said the doctors believe it is the best way for him to gain weight. Dad was excited about Scott-Karen-Seth-Nathan arriving in St. Louis on Saturday afternoon and Dave, Sally, and myself arriving early next week. Thanks for your prayers!
God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

PS: Please be praying for our cousin, Marsha, who will have her final chemo treatment on Monday. Her diagnosis is good!

No comments: