Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Wednesday Update On Dad

It was another busy day for both of us. Dad had his session with the physical therapist and it went well. This afternoon, he had his first meeting with a speech therapist, Audrey, and they hit it off famously. Dad was very enthused about the session and looks forward to working with Audrey again. I went shopping and picked up prescriptions. I also was able to spend time with Mom who was still holding the baby doll I mentioned yesterday. Dad and I spent a good bit of time on the phone this afternoon with Aunt Jerry (Mom's sister) and Uncle Jack. They filled us in on family news, primarily updating us on their daughter- and my cousin- Marsha. Marsha is undergoing chemo for cancer and the family is handling the most difficult situation beautifully. We also found out today it would cost more to fix our folks ' car than we were going to sell it for so it will go to the scrap heap after serving Mom and Dad well. Dave called tonight and he and Sally are recovering from the flu. Scott and Dave go back to school tomorrow and I have in-service in Houston on Friday. This is my last update from St. Louis and I can't tell you how much we appreciate all that so many are continuing to do for the Hawleys. May the Lord prosper your family for all your kindness to us. THANKS!
God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

PS: Please remember that if you want to e-mail Dad, send it to me until we can fix his problem.

No comments: