Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Year's Update On Dad

Happy New Year! It is cold here in St. Louis and Dad and I were glad we were inside with a fire. I made a crockpot of chili and we watched several sporting events together. Dad enjoyed talking to his brother, Monroe, in Milwaukee, for quite awhile. I was able to spend time with Mom at the West County Care Center. She used to have a baby doll that she loved holding but apparently it was misplaced when we moved her to the facility. I took it to her and did her face ever light up. She held the baby as if it were real, smiling and cooing. It was the most awareness I have seen from her on this trip. (I have reprinted a devotional below which speaks of the doll.) Dad continues to look forward to a new year and a new start in Wichita, a start whose time is not set in stone. We are grateful for all your prayers and concern in the past five months. Please keep Ellen in your prayers. She is a lady from Houston on who calls Dad everyday. She fell today and while not seriously injured, spent the day in the hospital and was unable to call. Once more, Happy New Year to all of you!
God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1


We are having a problem with Dad's e-mail address. If you would like to send him a message, please send it to me at steve@hawleybooks.com. THANKS!

No comments: