Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thursday Update On Dad

It's been a very long day. This morning, Jeanette Gartner and I visited three nursing home facilities as our family considers moving Mom at least in the short term. I did not know quite what to expect but I have a better grasp on what to report to my siblings. This afternoon, Jeannett and I sat in on Dad's therapy. It wore me out....and we did not even do the morning session with him! The therapists at St. Luke's are very encouraging and I was able to get a better idea of where Dad is in his progress. He is regaining use of his right hand but still is experiencing vision problems with his right eye. He can catch a ball when thrown to him. Dad was able to walk up stairs and place pegs in a board in front of him. He is still struggling to identify objects when presented to him in a picture but this appears to be normal as his brain heals. He continues to use difficult words in sentences and use them in proper English. He dropped askance on us today. Dad is so happy so many are praying for him all over the country...and so are we. Thanks!
God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
PS Please pray for Dad to quit standing up- the nurses keep having to scold him!

No comments: