Thursday, August 16, 2007

Wednesday Update On Dad

Wednesday was a good day for Dad. He felt he worked hard in therapy and he remains upbeat. I was with him as he ate supper and he fed himself with his right hand, a breakthrough in my non-medical eyes. Dad keeps saying how blessed he feels, which is remarkable under the circumstances. But then I think of the other gentleman in the room. It appears he has also had a stroke. Dad has had a constant stream of visitors and no one has even peeked in on the other man, at least while I have been there. Let me leave you with one last Dad moment, and this will mean more if you know him well. Last evening, he was describing his rehab the previous morning. I quote: "It was abysmal." He's going to make it!
God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

1 comment:

xoxo becca said...

Hey Coach Hawley!
I'm glad to here that your dad seems to be doing better! You and you're family are in my prayers!

God Bless You!
Rebecca