Monday, August 27, 2007

Monday Update On Dad

What was it Karen Carpenter sang?
"Rainy days and Mondays always get me down."

When I called Dad this afternoon, Don Gartner answered and told me Dad was exhausted. Don hit the nail on the head! I only spoke with Dad for a minute but I don't think I understood more than a couple of words. When he is tired, he loses almost all ability to enunciate his words and clarify his thoughts. That was today. He might have had a very good day; I just don't know. One byproduct of our family trials has been my hearing from many friends who let me know what is happening in their lives. The Internet- what did we do without it? If this had happened ten years ago, I don't know what we would have done. Dad and my Uncle Monroe went through similar trials with my grandparents but life was less instantaneous. I was barely aware until Grandpa came to live with us. Now, we can update daily, almost hourly. It's a blessing. Thanks again just for taking the time to read this and please remember Mom who spent her fourth day today in the West County Care Center in St. Louis.
God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1


E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: