Saturday, July 21, 2018

What's On Your List? (Trina Agee Cornell)

Trina is one of my heroes! We have been on many mission trips together in Honduras and I've grown to love and admire her. She's such a wonderful example, WCS has tried several times to persuade her to teach for us. Trina and her husband Bob live in St. Louis recently became parents to Connor! Pray for me as I continue my mission in Vietnam!


One of the "new things" circulating these days involves the creation of a bucket list.  I am intrigued by the concept and have often thought about the items I would put on mine.  Some of my items would include:
Take a tour of Europe.
Return to Vina del Mar, Chile.
Visit every state in the United States
A bucket list is a compilation of our dreams - things we hope to do, see, or accomplish in the future.  They are a list of personal goals we would like to achieve - it requires a bit of out of the box thinking, a pinch of faith, and a great deal of determination to make these things happen.
I find it interesting that people make these lists - and that is it.  The list is there, but no action is taken.  I understand this could be for a myriad of reasons, but a lot of times, our lists turn into wishful thinking - and never pan out.  To make the happen, it takes perseverance, courage, and faith.  With these three in place, you would be unstoppable! 
Today is the day that the Lord has made - I will rejoice and be glad in it.  Each new day is a gift - a blessing - a new opportunity - a chance to serve.  The Lord tells us that our day are numbered - we do not know when we will meet with the end of our lives.  James 4:14 says that our lives are but a mist that is here for a short time, then disappear.  Our time on this earth is short - it is what we do with our time that matters.  I strive each and every day to live my life in service to the Lord, following His commands and serving others.  This is definitely tops on my bucket list - and always will be.

mage result for bucket list


God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: