Friday, November 08, 2019

Student I AM Statements 2019: ACT II



My five classes this week finished studying the seven I AM statements Jesus made in the Gospel of John. If you aren't familiar with them, here they are!
I am the bread of life.
I am the true vine.
I am the good shepherd.
I am the gate for the sheep.
I am the light of the world.
I am the resurrection and the life.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.

I gave my students the assignment of coming up with their own I AM statements which would define who they are. Again tonight, I am posting some of them, a combination of middle and high school kids. They are brutally honest and all are used with permission; boys in blue and girls in pink.

I am the boy who has no luck.
I am the boy who misses his mom.
I am the boy who lives in fear.
I am the boy who makes his girlfriend happy.
I am the girl who smiles through her pain.
I am the son of a hardworking mother.
I am the girl who has too much love in her heart.
I am the girl who needs SLEEP!

I am the boy who doesn't express his feelings.
I am the boy who always sacrifices for others.
I am the boy who is fun to be around.
I am the boy who wants to find love.
I am the boy who is secretly a writer.
I am the boy who hunts and fishes.
I am the girl who wants to protect the people who love her.
I am the boy who has been overlooked and cheated.
I am the boy who wants attention.
I am the boy who needs help.
I am the boy who is confused.

I am the girl who longs for friendship.
I am the girl who hopes for better days.

I am the boy who leads by example.
I am the boy who is an extremely loyal frend.
I am the boy who will treat his future wife/girfriend with the utmost respect and care.
I am the girl who listens to others but not to herself.
I am the girl who everyone hurts unintentionally.
I am the girl who loves rainy days more than sunny days.
I am the girl who wishes she could be like her brother.
I am the girl whose best is all she can give.

I am the daughter of a dead home.
I am a girl searching for affirmation.
I am the girl who doesn't care... but she does.
I am the boy who needs God in his life.
I am the boy who wants to have a family.

I am the girl who is the loudest in the room.
I am the boy who is clean as a mirror.
I am the son of generous parents.
I am the boy who is book smart but not socially smart.


God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com







No comments: