Thursday, February 01, 2018

She Must Nots: Eighth Grade Gentleman 2018 Version


Every year, I have my students read the entry  called The Princess Bride And MookDa's List (http://stevehawley.blogspot.com/2006/08/princess-bride-and-mookdas-list.html) It will explain what I'm about to type here.  After talking about the previously mentioned article, everyone in my 8th grade Bible classes listed seven absolutes about the person they will marry (IN THE VERY DISTANT FUTURE!) in both the positives (He Must/She Must) and the negative (He Must Not/She Must Not). Here is the fourth and final installment, from my junior high young men, who did a terrific job! They are all are used by permission:

-She must not be known to cheat on people. Devin
-She must not be ten years older than me. Aaron
-She must not worship anything but God. Johnathan
-She must not have mean parents. Jaylin
-She must not drink or smoke. Chayne
-She must not be dangerous to those I love. David
-She must waste our money. Isaiah
-She must not be indifferent. Jack
-She must not be a hypocrite. Devin
-She must not have bad breath. Aaron
-She must not have a criminal record. Johnathan
-She must not abandon the children. David
-She must not be afraid of adventure. Chayne
-She must not flirt with other guys. Jaylin
-She must not take off her wedding ring except for an emergency. Isaiah
-She must not be reckless. Jack
-
She must not already have children. Devin-She must not be lazy or impatient. Aaron
-She must not love me just for my money. Johnathan
-She must not like mustard or veggies. Chayne

-She must not be vain or selfish. David
-She must not act shy around me. Jaylin
-She must not mistreat our children. Isaiah
-She must not be immature. Jack

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com