Monday, January 29, 2018

He Must Nots: 2018 Eighth Grade Girls' Version


Every year, I have my students read the entry  called The Princess Bride And MookDa's List (http://stevehawley.blogspot.com/2006/08/princess-bride-and-mookdas-list.html) It will explain what I'm about to type here.  After talking about the previously mentioned article, everyone in my 8th grade Bible classes listed seven absolutes about the person they will marry (IN THE VERY DISTANT FUTURE!) in both the positives (He Must/She Must) and the negative (He Must Not/She Must Not). Here is the third installment, from my junior high young ladies, who did a terrific job! They are all are used by permission:

-He must not be unorganized. Kendall
-He must not be sexist. Pressly
-He must not care about his job more than me. Alex
-He must not smoke. Vanessa

-He must not already have children. Hayden
-He must not use profane language. Lorell
-He must not be a pushover. Erin
-He must not gamble. Darian
-He must not be broke and living with his mother. Heaven
-He must not put me in danger of any harm. Jill
-He must not be an alcoholic. Hailey
-He must not have had previous wives before me. Aspen
-He must not be entertaining ANYONE ELSE! Kennedy

-He must not have gone to jail. Pressly
-He must not be serious all the time. Kennedy
-He must not love money more than God or me. Aspen
-He must not like today's horrible music! Hailey

-He must not take God's name in vain. Jill
-He must not be clingy. Heaven
-He must not be allergic to dogs. Darian
-He must not disrespect waiters and waitresses. Erin
-He must not hate Stephen Curry. Lorell
-He must not drink until 21. Hayden
-He must not disrespect my culture. Vanessa

-He must not be disobedient to his parents. Alex
-He must not have a mother who dislikes me. Kendall

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: