Thursday, August 03, 2017

Pregnancy Surprises (Trina Agee Cornell)

Trina is one of my heroes! We have been on many mission trips together in Honduras and I've grown to  love and admire her. She's such a wonderful example, WCS has tried several times to persuade her to teach for us. Trina and her husband Bob live in St. Louis and are expecting their first child!  Pray for me as I recover from my mission in Vietnam!

My husband, Bob, and I found out we were expecting our first child in December of 2016.  Pregnancy has been an interesting ride for me thus far.  Almost halfway through right now, a number of aspects of my life have changed.  Many of you that know me know that I love me some bananas.  Bob used to get looked at funny at the grocery store - because I would ask him to buy several bunches at a time.  Three weeks after I found out I was pregnant, I found that I could no longer stand bananas - we had some in the house at the time, and the smell completely turned me off.  Since December, there's only been one bunch at our house - a "test bunch" to see how they would work - and all I can say is: "Not yet!"
I have also noticed a change with my favorite vegetable of all time - green beans.  I used to be able to eat a whole huge can of them completely by myself - multiple times a day at that.  Now, it's completely different - I'm good if I can eat an entire small can these days.  I'm not sure if it is the texture or the smell - but whatever it is, I can't handle many of them at a time.  
These instances bothered me at first - these are two of my favorite go-to healthy options.  How could I go through this pregnancy without them?  I have had to do a lot of monitoring and adjusting - surprising myself at the additions I have made to my eating repertoire.  These adjustments have not been easy – pregnancy changes you in ways that you least expect that it would.  I have adapted as best as I can – and I have had to show myself a great deal of grace.  I cannot eat certain foods right now.  My workout regimen has changed significantly.  Taking the stairs gets me more winded and out of breath than it ever has before.  I know it is all for a good cause – I know the Lord is knitting our little one together in the most perfect way that He can.  If it takes a few adjustments, changes, and uncomfortable moments – it will all be worth it come August.
God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: