Tuesday, July 25, 2017

A Special Place (Trina Agee Cornell)

Trina is one of my heroes! We have been on many mission trips together in Honduras and I've grown to love and admire her. She's such a wonderful example, WCS has tried several times to persuade her to teach for us. Trina and her husband Bob live in St. Louis and are expecting their first child!  Pray for me as I continue my mission in Vietnam!


Searcy, Arkansas, is a special place.  
I came here in 2002, a shy, introverted freshman with no clue as to what I wanted to study.  A homebody at heart, I went home after my first two weeks, needing to see my family.  The more time I spent here, and the more I got involved - I realized I was right where I needed to be.  
Flash forward two years - Loren joined me here in 2004.  I was in the thick of working through my education degree, focusing on middle school education and Spanish.  I spent an amazing three months in Chile as part of HULA - Harding University Latin America.  It was there that I learned what true independence really was.  I was active in my social club, Delta Gamma Rho, attending devotional and Bible studies, and growing myself in every way possible.  Life could not have been better.  
Flash forward six years later - in 2010, Bob and I converged on this special place from St. Louis and Nashville.  He ran a marathon in Wynne, and we spend the weekend on campus.  It was six years ago this weekend that Bob proposed to me, right there in a Harding white swing.  With that one move, he made this place special for our future family - and we are drawn back here quite often.  
This place was the beginning - this place has grown me in a multitude of ways.  I have grown in my faith, my foundation in our Lord, and as the educator I am today.  It prepared me to be Bob's wife – and to take on this role with a Godly focus and intent.  We all have places like these in our lives – ones we can revisit, reminisce, and remember.  The Lord puts these in our paths for a reason – every place, every person, every trial, every mistake, and every joy has a purpose and place in our personal journeys.  He does not want us to focus on where we have been – but where we are headed.  The Lord is with you every step of the way – all you have to do is trust Him – and let Him take the lead.

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1

www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: