Friday, November 04, 2016

Still More Bedtime Blessings, 2016

Mom, me, Dave, and Dad wading in one of the Great Lakes.


We worked on one of my favorite memory verses in all five classes last week. All of my 90+ students wrote The Blessing Of Aaron for a grade as a memory verse and repeated it on their test. Found in Numbers 6:24-26, God commanded the first high priest of Israel to use these words to bless his chosen people:
"The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."

We spoke of the human need for approval and how parents can have such an effect on the self-worth of their children. We talked of bedtime rituals and how moms and dads can make their kids feel important and ease their fears. I told them about how our folks tucked us in when we were small, prayed with us, and kissed us good-night. With that discussion as background, I gave each student a sheet of paper and had them pen a bedtime blessing to the child they will bring into the world in future years. The next several nights, I'll let some of them speak for me. Boys are in blue, girls in pink, and all are used with permission!


Goodnight my Son,
I must leave you for the night, but do not be weary. God is there with you always. He will protect you and comfort you. Do not be afraid, take refuge in the Lord, and you will be safe. You are highly favored by God. No weapon formed against you shall prosper. Till the morning, my dear son.
Isaiah , junior
My Sweet Child,
I’ll love you forever. No matter what happen, I’ll always be there for you. Never forget who the main one is: God. My love for you is the sweetest ever known. You may upset me but never forget that no matter what,  I will always be there for you. If you are scared, talk to me. If you are happy, talk to me. I am here for you. I love you. my child. Forever and always, my sweet princess or my charming prince.
Kendria, 8th grade

My Awesome Boy,
I will not be the best parent. But, I promise that I will always be there to tuck you in at night. Even if I have to run through quicksand and hailstorms, I will always be there to tuck you in. My sweet boy, I love you more than anything. I want you to run to me and hug me when you’re scared. I promise that I will teach you everything about the Lord and I promise that I will never ever stop loving you. Love you, my boy! Sleep tight, and never stop loving God.
Nehemiah , 8th grade

My Dear Child,
You are the angel in my life. May God bless you and wake you up every morning. You bring happiness, and joy to me and light up my whole life. With days passing by, you are more twinkle in my eyes. You are the gift that God sends to me and keep blessing me all the time. No mere words can describe how deeply I feel and how thankful  am. My dear twinkle star, may you find your moon. I am here for you all the time and you are my whole world, a blessed and precious world.
Crystal, junior

My Child, Sweet Child,
May you be the light in the darkness and reflect God’s glory in your life. I wish that you will follow the path of the Lord and find your purpose through God. Life is horrid and chaotic, but after the rain is a rainbow. So be appy. Dear Child, Sweet Child. I pray that you see the light in the dark and show others to our Lord. Goodbye, Dear Child, Sweet Child, I will see you again.
Riley , junior

The world is tough my darling. It’s scary and hurts us sometimes. Don’t fear for I’m here and so is your Father in Heaven. We will help you get back up after you have fallen. Don’t be concerned, for these are times we in the moment for God. You only have one life on this Earth to praise God before you go to Heaven so make it count. Do good to others and be kind, for it is the best kind of beautiful. Goodnight, my darling.
Margaret, 8th grade

Dear my Future Son,
Nothing can express what a joy to it is to have you in my life- you bring me unimaginable joy. Your father will always love you, but please know that God is perfect in the midst of my blemishes. I ask that you forgive me for the wrong things I do, and know that I may not always be fair and right. You produce perseverance and through that, you grow in your faith. The Lord is always with you and will bless you and keep you, and I pray you grow closer to him as you move through life. I love you, my son, and I always will. Peace out!
Caleb, junior

Good Morning Beautiful!
Today you are the best you have ever been! Go and work hard, and don’t stop smiling- the world needs your light, sweetie. People will be mean; I challenge you to forgive. People will hurt you; I challenge you to not hurt them back. Stand up for what’s right and know God’s there besides you. If you need me just call. Daddy and I love you! But honey, you will make mistakes. Don’t let them define you just apologize and move on. It’s already behind you. You’re the best you today, and you keep getting better! I love you so much! Have a great day. Jenna, junior

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: