Friday, July 29, 2016

There Are Only Two Seasons at Our House! (Trina Cornell)



You’ll love these words from Trina Cornell! Prayers for me in Vietnam, please!
What a day in sports at our house!  Since I moved to St. Louis almost five years ago, I realized quickly that this is a baseball town - and the Cardinals are the team.  Bob has been a fan his entire life, and as a sports fan myself, it was easy for this college football fan to cheer for the hometown team.  On the flip side, it was easy for Bob to fall in step with my affinity for SEC football - he now dons orange and white, sings Rocky Top, and cheers for the Vols every fall.
With all that say, it was a rough day in sports at our house.  The Cards had to finish two innings of s game with the Reds due to a rain delay - lost the game.  They played their scheduled game against the Reds later on - and lost.  The Vols had a tough opponent in Oklahoma for their home opener in Knoxville.  They owned the game for three quarters, but they let Oklahoma back into it with a few scores and ended up losing in overtime 31-24.  That is a lot of losing I did not expect for one day, but that is the way seasons tend to go - ups and downs, wins and losses.  In the end, you still love your teams and remain a loyal fan.

Just like in sports, life is a series of ups and downs - wins and losses.  The Lord never guaranteed that life would be easy - actually, the life of a Christian is not easy at all.  In a world full sin and strife, it is up to us to life faithfully, following the Lord's commands in obedience. John 16:33 says, "I told you these things so you could have peace in me. In this world you will have trouble, but be brave! I have overcome the world".  He knows this world is a tough place to be - we will have wins and losses - but we can trust that He is in control and will see us through.

God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: