Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Angels (Ken Ellis)

My devotional again tonight is by my good friend, Ken Ellis. Prayers for me as I continue to Vietnam!
To the best of my knowledge, I have never had an angelic experience.  By that, I mean I have never been visited by, seen or talked to a celestial being, at least not in the form of what we usually picture angels to look like.  However, since there are many things that happen in life that defy logical explanation, I will never question anyone who says they have had an unexplainable experience happen to them, maybe even an angelic one.  You can decide if the following event, which occurred on Easter Sunday of this year 2016, qualifies as such.

As my wife and I were entering our subdivision in Wichita, KS, upon returning from morning worship, we met Bob, our neighbor from two doors down, leaving on his motorcycle for an afternoon ride.  Bob, an ex-Marine and 75 years old, had no idea what awaited him that afternoon, and we had no idea that it would be the last time that we would see him alive.

At approximately 1:00 P.M., while crossing an intersection, a car ran a red light and hit Bob throwing him over the car and causing multiple internal and external injuries to his body.  We later learned that two of the first people on the scene were a lady from our church, who was a nurse, and her daughter, a university nursing student.  Our church friend told us that she didn’t have her medical bag with her containing her stethoscope, bandages and other things that she needed to treat Bob until the ambulance arrived.

But as she worked on Bob, a lady appeared and placed a leather bag beside her.  “What’s that?” asked our friend.  “It’s a triage bag,” came the reply.  “I found it in my trunk.”  When opened, it contained a stethoscope, bandages and other needed materials.  Our friend and her daughter treated Bob until the ambulance arrived and helped him call his wife to tell her that he loved her.  The lady who left the triage bag had gone by then.  

Bob had surgery the next day and was scheduled for further surgery, but the injuries were too severe, and our neighbor passed from this earth, leaving behind a loving family and many friends.

Who was the lady with the triage bag?  And how was it that she “just found it in her trunk” at just the right time?  And why did she leave it behind and disappear before learning the outcome of the incident?  Maybe the outcome was already known.  

Applicable quote of the day:  
“All God's angels come to us disguised.” James Russell Lowell God bless, Steve Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com E-mail me at steve@hawleybooks.com

No comments: