Thursday, December 20, 2018

Only Fifty Shopping Days Left Until February 14th!




We hardly finish one before worrying about the next! This is from December 26, 2014.
I was in a neighborhood WAL-MART this  afternoon in Wichita grabbing a couple of needed items; socks, blank thank you notes, gum. When living on the road, you always run out of stuff. As I looked for the thank yous, I saw a surprising scene, at least to me. A young employee was taking down the Christmas card displays and replacing them with Valentine's Day cards! Christmas Day had only expired fifteen hours before and here they were, gearing up for the next big deal! It's almost like a wife whose husband died last week going out on a date- it's just too soon! 

Why don't we take the time to enjoy special moments anymore? I guess we're too busy and don't want to get left behind. I'm no marketing expert and I'm sure the WAL-MART sales gurus have data to back up their strategies but I wish we should show some respect for the newly departed. Thoughts about romance are always in the air but wide spread thinking about the Savior, even if misinformed and commercialized, is not. I'm not blaming the store- I'm positive their retail guidelines are consumer driven. I just wish someone else was behind the wheel.


Applicable quote of the day:
Marketing is a contest for people's attention.


God bless,
Steve
Luke 18:1
www.hawleybooks.com
E-mail me at steve@hawleyboks.com

No comments: